Solved

Add to Google Calendar button

• 21 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Dear Calendly users,

Is there a way to place a button “Add to Google Calendar”, “Add to MS Outlook calendar” and so on on the confirmation page of an meeting in Calendly? The main reason for this is that my customers have a lot of email in the inboxes and forget to add an event in their calendars using email. It’ll be better to show them these kind of buttons right away on the confirmation page.

Is there any way to archive this?

icon

Best answer by jillian 21 March 2024, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @David_Osipov!

There isn’t currently a way to do this, but it’s a great idea. Let me pass it on to my product team and I’ll let you know if I hear anything.

This would be very helpful indeed! 

I second this! My new and current clients are missing their meeting based on it not showing up in their chosen calendar/ adding it to it. How long would it take to find out if this is possible?

Userlevel 7

I second this! My new and current clients are missing their meeting based on it not showing up in their chosen calendar/ adding it to it. How long would it take to find out if this is possible?

Hey there! We appreciate you adding feedback to this request - it’s very helpful! I totally wish that we could offer some sort of timeline, here, but we unfortunately cannot. We will definitely make sure to push the feedback to our product team so that they are aware of the ask, though! 

In the meantime - if you have clients that are missing meetings due to having calendars that aren’t compatible with calendar invitations etc. we suggest considering switching to Email Confirmations instead!

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. 

I hope this helps a bit!