Skip to main content
Question

Add to Google Calendar button in confirmation emails?

• 15 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I have just signed up to Calendly and have tested what the confirmation email that would be sent to a client looks like. It has a blue ‘add to calendar’  button, but when I click on it, there is no option to ‘Add to Google Calendar’ ‘Add to Outlook’ etc. It just add to my Mac Calendar, which I don’t use. How can I give my clients those other options? Am I missing something? 

Hi @SuziBu!

It sounds like you might want to explore using email confirmations versus calendar invitations. I personally prefer the calendar invitations as I use Google Calendar and so do most of the people I’m working with.

More on both here.

Thanks Jillian. I have got it set to email confirmations. But when I pretend to be a client and do a test booking, the email ‘the client’ receives just has a blue ‘add to calendar’ button that doesn’t give me the option to add to my google calendar. I use hotmail as my email client, not gmail. My clients use all sorts of different calendar options, so I want them to have them all. This feels like it shouldn’t be a difficult thing.