I’ve come across a frequently asked question in my support conversations recently that inspired me to make a little how-to on a workaround I recommend on the regular that answers the question–
How can I add additional meeting attendees to existing booked one-on-one meetings?
While yes, adding your guests directly to the calendar event in your external calendar is a perfectly good solution to loop additional guests to your meetings, there are a couple of drawbacks to this method:
- Guests added in this way will not be included in any Calendly reminders or Workflows.
- They are kicked from the meeting if it happens to be rescheduled.
This isn’t ideal, so I wanted to drop a super helpful workaround I’ve found for this that allows you to add guests to one-on-one meetings within the Calendly loop.
Problem: At this time, Calendly does not offer a function to “Add Guests” to an existing booked meeting directly from the Scheduled Events page.
Solution: Using the “Reschedule” function, you can access the “Add Guests” feature for a booked one-on-one or collective event.
By “rescheduling” the event for the same date/time as the original booking, you can add your additional guests when going through the reschedule flow. You can also include a reschedule note to your invitees clarifying the reason for the “reschedule”.
Who Can Use This?
Calendly’s “Add Guests” feature is available to users on all plans, from Free to Enterprise.
To learn about the features in each plan, feel free to check out our pricing page!
- From your Scheduled Events page in Calendly, click the booked event you wish to add guests to and select “Reschedule”.
- If you are not moving the date/time of the meeting, select the booked invitee’s “former time” as indicated on the left hand side of the reschedule page.
- Select “Add Guests” beneath where your existing invitee’s email will pre-populate.
Note: I have removed the original invitee’s email from the “Email” field for this screenshot.
- Add the email addresses of up to 10 guests you wish to add to the meeting under “Guest Email(s)”.
- You can then add a reschedule note to provide clarification to your invitees that the meeting time is not rescheduled, but that you are simply adding more people to the meeting, and then click “Update Event”.
- You will then be able to see your new additional guests from the event details in your Scheduled Events page, as shown here.
I hope this workaround is helpful! As always, please please always feel welcome to let us know any questions you have, or any cool ways you’ve found to use Calendly!