Skip to main content

Hi, I’d like to create a Collective event where I will host meetings with one more person (as a 2nd host) - this person already has their own Calendly account and is not in my organisation.

When I run through the wizard to set up the other host as a user for my Collective event it states that I will be taking over their Calendly account! Of course, we don’t want this - they need to continue to have full control over their own Calendly account. All we need is the availability checking for both of our calendars and then writing the meeting appointment to each calendar. 

Can I set up essentially an external user for my Collective event on Calendly? Fyi, I have a 2-user account.

Many thanks for any help.

Hi @Uzuri!

Collective events are specific to team accounts, but I’ll say we get asked about this often enough I’ve included it on a ‘top 10 ideas from community’ list for my product colleagues. I’ll make sure I add your feedback to the list as well! Every bit of feedback makes a stronger case to update or add functionality.

Right now, Calendly will only consider the hosts assigned to an event type within your organization. The best way to make this work would be to add the additional host to your Calendly organization. If they do not wish to be added using their current personal Calendly account, you can send an invite to a secondary email address for them and they can join you, creating another Calendly account that they use for your joint meetings and endeavors. They would be able to connect the same calendars to this second Calendly account that they have connected to their current account, ensuring that double bookings/conflicts aren’t created between accounts (example: if they have meetings booked via their personal Calendly account and connect the same calendar to their account with you, their second account will read those conflicts and show them as unavailable at those times). 

Otherwise, the only way to make this work would be to add them to your calendar events after bookings have been made. Example: if an invitee books a time with you and that booking is added to your Google Calendar, you can then add the additional host to the Google Calendar event. This “busy” event will be read by their Calendly account (if they have their calendar connected) and they will then be marked as unavailable in their own Calendly account.

@Uzuri Thank you for your question. Would you mind sharing more detail about your use case so that we in the product team better understand the context of the meeting and the reason you’re co-hosting with someone outside of your org?

Thanks for the workaround solution @jillian 

@jillian many thanks for the workaround, we’ll give that a go!

@SchedulingSteve sure: we’re running a JV with another digital agency where both parties need to be on a Zoom call to onboard new customers. We have an appointment setter who needs an easy way to check availability of both parties when speaking to customers. HTH?