Skip to main content

We’ve got a group of 6 executive team members, most of which all have individual Calendly plans. Is there a way to add their existing accounts to a group without paying again for “seats?”

Hi @vancermartin,

Great question. The only way to add Calendly users to a group is to have them all on the same team plan (which wouldn’t be paying for seats again; instead paying all together), which is super convenient if all the individuals are at the same company and don’t necessarily need individual Calendly accounts. But from the way you’re wording your question, I gather these are 6 individuals executives who would want to maintain their separate accounts. Correct? If so, that’s a feature Community has pushed to our Product team a few times in the past month or so - so we’ll definitely add your feedback too!

In the event that everyone is at the same organization and a team account is possible, here’s some info on that:

Calendly’s Teams Plan

An Overview of Groups

This is exactly the answer I needed. Thank you @jillian!

@jillian just to clarify, we all have separate accounts and we want to merge them onto a group account. Do we have to pay again for those accounts to be all put on a group account or can they be merged? We all started using calendly separately and realize we’d like to have the benefit of a group account. So now to do that it seems we’ll have to pay again for those account to be together. Thanks for clarifying. 

Hello again!

While I can speak intelligently on almost all things Calendly, I’ll admit billing - especially refunds and prorated prices - is an area I defer to far more knowledgable and specifically educated people (my billing peers). If you head on over to here and indicate you have a billing question, they’ll get you all sorted out. They’ve also got the ability to see your billing history and answer questions about your specific situation.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help!

@jillian just to clarify, we all have separate accounts and we want to merge them onto a group account. Do we have to pay again for those accounts to be all put on a group account or can they be merged? We all started using calendly separately and realize we’d like to have the benefit of a group account. So now to do that it seems we’ll have to pay again for those account to be together. Thanks for clarifying. 

Hey there - wanted to add to what Jillian said, here! I can answer this for you (in a generalized way). =) 

While each of your 6 individual accounts have already been paid for, you will have to purchase five additional paid “seats” for each user in order to have them all be part of a Calendly organization (part of a Standard or Teams plan - you can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!).

Purchasing Calendly subscriptions for your organization is like purchasing desk chairs. Once someone joins your organization, you purchase a desk chair for them. When that person leaves, you have an extra desk chair to use or to get rid of. At Calendly, we refer to these desk chairs as paid seats. 

When you add a new user to your organization's Calendly account, you automatically purchase a paid seat on the account. The new user will receive an email invitation to join your account, and they'll keep their own account and Calendly page, along with whichever event types you assign to their account. You'll also be able to include them in team scheduling (like Round Robin Event Types and Collective Event Types, as well as Admin Managed Events).

If you remove a user, their paid seat remains. That way, you can invite a new user to your organization without needing to purchase an additional seat (in other words - you are paying for the seats themselves, not the user accounts - and when you remove a user from your organization they take their preexisting account with them, and that account defaults to the free plan until/if they choose to upgrade individually again). If you do not plan on inviting another user, you will want to remove the remaining paid seat from your Billing page.

This all means that technically, yes, you will pay for each account again (in paying for each seat). That said, this payment takes over for the payments being currently made. Billing becomes centralized to the account owner and the other five users will no longer be individually charged. Depending on where they each are in their billing cycle/s (for example, if they are only a few weeks into an annual billing cycle) they might be owed and issued a prorated refund. This is something that our billing team would have more information on as it pertains to each individual account, so you will still want to reach out to them. It is not possible to simply “merge” accounts as you are asking about. I hope this clarifies things for you a bit!