Skip to main content
Question

Adding location to dates

• 31 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I am creating an event for a specific category of customer. When the customer books they should be offered all of the available dates and the location for each date; for instance…

• Aug 11 10-12pm Manchester
  • Sep 9 2-4pm Birmingham
  • Oct 23 10-12pm Bristol.

I want it to work this way so that clients only have one link to visit and if they later need to reschedule they don’t have to cancel one appointment and find the url for another.

How do I do this (and if I can’t how do I raise this as a feature request?)

Hi @John Cleary!

To make the user experience as simple as possible, I’d recommend looking into a routing form as it consolidates the experience into what appears to be one link. More on that here: 

Take a look and let us know. Hope this helps!

Hi @jillian 

It works in some respects but not in others.

From a user experience perspective, when an appointment change is needed it’s much easier to reschedule the appointment than cancel the it and then try to find the link to book another don’t you think?

Hi John,

It depends. If the location is changing when rescheduling, yes - that could be a problem. If the location is remaining the same, the reschedule link that is already within the Calendly event will work really well.

One thing you could do is include a short sentence in the email confirmation saying something along the lines of “Do you need to reschedule at a different location? Use the cancel link below and then reschedule using this link.” The cancel link is automatically included in the confirmation email and you’d have to include the routing form link in your edit.

I’m doing one event in each of several locations (think of it as a UK tour).

I agree with your original sentence of “make the user experience as simple as possible” which is why the best possible option is to have one ‘event’ that my clients can easily change location if they wish.

I know others have asked for this so maybe we can create a feature request if it’s not possible.

Hi John,

I will definitely submit as a feature request. In the meantime, I hope the alternative workarounds I gave you sort of help. Not perfect by any means, but if it helps get people to the right events at all that’s a little win.

Good luck on the UK tour (although now I want to know what you do - musician? artist?)!

I’m a kind of artist ;)