Skip to main content
Question

adding mobilenumber to events creates via contacts

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi

I’m using the contacts-section within calendly to schedule new meetings with my clients. This is very helpful, because it’s very fast. Especially I can change the duration of the planned meeting during this process.

But there is a big disadvantage: I can’t enter a mobile number for the text reminders (SMS). So the client only get email notification.

Is there a way to use the contact section for scheduling new events AND sending text reminders via SMS (as it is possible when I book a new meeting within the planned meeting section).

thanks for your support

werner

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6

Hi @WernerK,

I checked with the Product Manager who is responsible for this feature and they let me know the way this feature works is intentional and is to prevent abuse and spam. We only use text messages when an invitee provides theirs during the booking experience and consents to text messages. For contacts, the host enters that information which doesn’t explicitly guarantee consent.

I’ve asked them to consider adding in some educational tool tips or other information around this feature to make it more clear.