Skip to main content
Solved

Adding or assigning a co-host to Google Meet

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi folks,

I’ve created an event and we will be using Google Meet.,

I want to assign another attendee as a co-host. I found out how to do it but the Google instructions don’t seem to apply as the booking was done through Calendly, not via the Google Calendar directly. So, how can I assign someone as a co-host for an Google Meet event?’

Thanks!

Rick

Hey there @Rick's84053 - great question, and thanks for posting! 

In order to have two hosts for your event types within Calendly, you must add another user to your Calendly account and then create a Collective Event Type. Collective Events are multi-hosts > one invitee events. Note: this will not apply to events already booked. You’ll need to add the user > create the Collective Event > send the link to invitees and let them book. Existing bookings would need to be cancelled and rescheduled (by booking the new Collective Event) to go this route, if you need the new host to be on them in an official capacity. 

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. You can also take advantage of Admin Managed Events and Shared Event Types! Click all of the hyperlinks to learn ore about each of these features. Keep in mind: you cannot create a true one-on-one ET on a team page, but you can use a Round Robin or Collective event as a one-on-one. Read more here

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

As far as adding a host to the Google Meet event within Google Meet itself, that’s not something I can help much with because it’s outside of Calendly’s settings! I did find this article from Google Meet that might be useful! Otherwise, I strongly suggest you reach out to Google Meet support (click here) or their community (click here) for answers. Perhaps there’s a way to do this in Google Meet if you’d prefer not to create a team within Calendly. 

You can add a co-host to your Google Calendar event directly in Google Calendar, if I am not mistaken - perhaps that would be a good first step.

I hope this helps!

p.s. check out our New User Guide -- and if you do add an additional user to your account, our Company Admin Guide. They’re full of tips + tricks for getting started! Have a good night!