Solved

Additional Accepted Currencies via Paypal and Stripe

• 21 November 2023
  • 17 replies

I would like to inquire about the possibility of integrating other currency options into Calendly. From my perspective, the current limitation is quite restrictive. While I appreciate and enjoy using Calendly, the inability to transact in my own currency poses a challenge in tracking payments and confirming appointments.

This limitation requires additional manual effort, whereas other platforms seamlessly handle currency transactions in my currency. I am curious why Calendly does not offer this feature?

From the client's perspective, it adds another layer by redirecting them to an external site for payments and adds confusion.

It would greatly enhance the user experience if currency integration (other than $, € and £!) could be included within Calendly. I offer this as a suggestion for consideration by the Calendly team.

Unfortunately, I find myself exploring alternative programs due to this particular limitation, although I very much would prefer to stay with Calendly.

icon

Best answer by jillian 22 November 2023, 22:51

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Soulwhisperer,

Thanks for the post and I completely agree! I’ll definitely add this to my product feedback list for this month.

Out of curiosity, is the currency type you’re looking for listed on Stripe or Paypal’s accepted currency list? The list for their native product is much longer than what we use in the integrations, but it’d be super helpful to know what we’re missing and if Stripe or Paypal already handle it.

The list:

PayPal - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/reports/reference/paypal-supported-currencies/

Stripe - https://stripe.com/docs/currencies

Thanks!

Dear Jillian,

thank you for the time you took to reply.

The currency I use is CHF, Swiss Francs.

CHF is definitely on the currency list on Stripe and PayPal, I use it on an external link for Calendly and other payments. But I also just double-checked on the link you shared, and it’s on there as well.

That’s why I was getting so frustrated.

You would make me very happy if you add CHF :).

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 6

Got it. I’ll be packing up the product feedback for November early next week and will definitely make sure it’s on the list. No promises on what/when will come of the feedback, but I will definitely let you know what I find out.

dear Jillian, I would also appreciate a lot if it would be possible to accept payments in CHF on Calendly. It’s just very strange to ask for payments in a foreign currency, as I am based in Switzerland… Do you know when CHF will be added to the list? Thank you.

Userlevel 7

dear Jillian, I would also appreciate a lot if it would be possible to accept payments in CHF on Calendly. It’s just very strange to ask for payments in a foreign currency, as I am based in Switzerland… Do you know when CHF will be added to the list? Thank you.

Hey there! We have included this feedback in our monthly reports for the product team to keep top of mind when looking at user product requests that might be implemented in the future. However, we cannot offer any timeline on this right now nor can we make promises of what might happen down the line - while I truly wish that we could! Rest assured, we hear you! I hope that you have a wonderful day. 

Hello,

Is there any news regarding a future addition of the CHF currency to payment methods? This is an option that I have also been looking forward to since I started using calendly. Thanks !

Userlevel 7

Hello,

Is there any news regarding a future addition of the CHF currency to payment methods? This is an option that I have also been looking forward to since I started using calendly. Thanks !

Hey there! As we’ve told other users above - we cannot make any promises (though I so wish that we could!) in regards to if or when this might be an update you see in the future. We have included the feedback in our thorough monthly reports for the product team to consider and we are making sure your voices are heard! =) Thanks so much for adding your “thumbs up” to the request! 

Hi, all in the Calendly Team!

I would also love to see more currency support. I have been a long-time user of the platform, and I recently started looking into adding payments to some of my events.

I understand you can't promise a timeline for this update. Still, if possible, I would love it if you could look into adding NOK, Norwegian krone, as an additional currency once you update it. NOK is on both Stripe and PayPal's accepted currency lists. 😁

Userlevel 7

Hi, all in the Calendly Team!

I would also love to see more currency support. I have been a long-time user of the platform, and I recently started looking into adding payments to some of my events.

I understand you can't promise a timeline for this update. Still, if possible, I would love it if you could look into adding NOK, Norwegian krone, as an additional currency once you update it. NOK is on both Stripe and PayPal's accepted currency lists. 😁

Hey there John! Thanks so much for your feedback - we will definitely include it in this month’s report for the product team. Trust me when I say that they are aware of these requests and we haven’t left them alone about it all! I appreciate your understanding our lack of an ability to give a timeline - but still rest assured your voice is being heard! 

Hello, 

I’d like to collect payments in SEK (Swedish krona). I added SEK to Stripe but I cannot set payments in SEK in Calendly when creating new event. I can only set payments in EUR, USD, CAD, AUD and GBP. Could you, please, help me? 

Best regards,

Katya

Userlevel 7

Hello, 

I’d like to collect payments in SEK (Swedish krona). I added SEK to Stripe but I cannot set payments in SEK in Calendly when creating new event. I can only set payments in EUR, USD, CAD, AUD and GBP. Could you, please, help me? 

Best regards,

Katya

Hello Katya! I am sorry you are running into this issue. As you have already found, the currencies able to be used with our Stripe integration are currently limited to: 

$ AUD - Australian Dollar

$ CAD - Canadian Dollar

€ EUR - Euro

£ GBP - Pound Sterling

$ USD - United States Dollar

We have integrations with both Stripe and PayPal. You can connect your Stripe or PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you. If these services do not offer exactly what you need, you could add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link!

For now that is the workaround I have to offer - and I hope it’s helpful! I will also include this feedback for our product team in our monthly report. I hope that you have a great day! 

Hi I’d like to add a voice to request New Zealand dollars (NZD) as a currency option.

As a side effect we changed calendar booking systems several times, and are now engaging a developer so we can build our own to use for our own services.

If NZD got added quickly, we’d halt all of that and continue giving Calendly money.

Is there any progress on adding new currencies to Calendly payments?

Userlevel 7

@WITeam at this time I cannot say that there are new languages being added or that it’s on the road map. I do wish that wasn’t the case. I assure you that if/when this is happening we will announce it here. I will also include your feedback along with feedback from others on this ask for our product team, this month. Thank you! 

please add the NZD to your list!!!

I’d also like a NZD added to your list, your suggestion of adding a custom link to the confirmation page just complicates this payment process, when a simple inclusion of more currency options would be more easier for everyone...not everyone lives in those countries you’ve listed already.

Hello,
Why are other currencies still unavailable for use with Stripe and PayPal? It has been more than 5 months since the thread was created and there is still no specific answer. It is very unfortunate that I have to handle payments through an external link and cannot fully utilize Calendly.

Thanks for your reply,

Šárka

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Sarka7714 - I am sorry for any confusion. While we are always genuinely happy to take feedback from users here in Calendly Community and then relay that feedback to the product team, that never means we are guaranteeing changes, updates or new features in the product at any specific time, or at all. We are not able to make promises regarding if or when something like this might be implemented/updated.

However, with each new comment there’s more relay from our end to make sure the product team knows what is being asked for (and how frequently!) - to include the addition of your comment, here. 

The specific answer we are able to offer at this time is the information pertinent to the current functionality of our Stripe and Paypal integrations (for those learning how they work), along with what I’ve stated above, in this comment and others. 

I hope you have a good day, and am sorry about this frustration. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!