Skip to main content
Question

Allowing attendees to view and add guests

• 7 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello there,

Before using Calendly, I would manually go to the Google Calendar website to create an event, and I would invite guests to my events.

All of my Google Calendar permissions are setup to (1) allow guests to see the full list of guests, and (2) all of my guests are allowed to add new guests to the event.

This has always worked just fine in the past, whenever I manually used Google Calendar in the past.

However, now that I have started using Calendly so that my guests can book their own events with me, my guests are telling me that they (1) are NOT able to see the list of guests, and (2) they are NOT able to add new guests to the event.

These are 2 extremely important features to me, so is there a way to get this to work with Calendly?

Thank you!

Hey there @ScottWorld - thanks for the topic! 

Firstly, I do want to let you know that when setting up a one-on-one event type within Calendly you can make it so that an invitee can add additional guests. Check it out, here! 

As far as adding guests to the Google Calendar event itself goes, this will not be possible with Calendly events unless it’s a person with editing permissions. The settings on your Google Calendar are not limited by Calendly, however! So you will want to mess with those settings to ensure that the invitees can add additional guests as they need. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks, @Kelsi at Calendly!

Upon further research, it seems like my problem is some sort of compatibility problem between Google Calendar events when viewed by Microsoft Outlook users.

My Calendly account uses Google Calendar, and 80% of my guests are using Google Calendar as well.

My Google Calendar settings are properly set to: (1) allow guests to invite other guests, and (2) allow guests to see the entire guest list.

However, when a Microsoft Outlook user signs up for one of my Google Calendar events through Calendly, they are (1) unable to invite other guests, and they are (2) unable to see the guest list.

So this seems to be some sort of a software war between Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook, where neither company wants to make it easy for the other company’s users to interact with their calendar events.

Do you happen to know of any workarounds to this issue?

Thank you!
Scott

Hey there @ScottWorld - thanks for your followup, here! I was actually looking more into this issue for you, as well, and agree that it’s a compatibility issue between Google Calendar and O365/Outlook.com Calendars. Bummer!

I am unsure of a workaround that would make your goal more achievable, here. I wish that it was a Calendly setting that we could switch on/off - that sure would be ideal!

However, you might find some sort of success in reaching out to Google Calendar’s community or Microsoft’s community - and asking this question in those spaces to see what happens! 

Thank you so much, @Kelsi at Calendly! I appreciate it! 😀

Thank you so much, @Kelsi at Calendly! I appreciate it! 😀

You are very welcome - and I hope they can help you sort this out!