Solved

Allowing customers to book a timeslot within a booked event

Hey team,

I run a mobile body composition scan business where gyms around the city book my service (through Calendly) to attend their gym for a 3 hour timeslot. I am trying to figure out a way that gym members can book a specific 10min timeslot within that 3 hours that I am there. I see that Calendly does not allow overlapping but am wondering if there is a way to work around this as I know a few other booking systems allow multiple calendars or locations or teams. I like Calendly and have been using it for a few years now so don’t want to have to transfer to a separate service.

Kind regards,

Ayden

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 9 May 2024, 06:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @FluxBody21 - great question!

If I am understanding correctly, all you’d need to do is set your availability to those 3 hours that you are at the gym, then allow 10 minute bookings (by creating an event type with a duration of 10 minutes, along with start time increments of 10 minutes). 

If this is not what you’re referring to, please let me know! 

Otherwise, check out these articles for more help:

Availability Schedules

I hope this helps!

Hey Kelsi,

Thank you. Members are unable to book their slots because the 3 hour timeslot is taken up by the gyms booking of my visit. Which creates an overlap and means members cannot book over that 3 hour period that has already been booked. 

I hope this makes sense.

Ayden

Userlevel 7

Hey Kelsi,

Thank you. Members are unable to book their slots because the 3 hour timeslot is taken up by the gyms booking of my visit. Which creates an overlap and means members cannot book over that 3 hour period that has already been booked. 

I hope this makes sense.

Ayden

Ah, yes. This does make sense! So no matter what plan you are on, you are not going to be able to allow two bookings at once, like this. Calendly sees each user as one person that cannot be “in two places at once” and will never allow overlapping bookings for that reason.

That said - you might consider using a Group Event Type. Allow for one more in the set “invitee limit” than planned so the gym can book the time slot. Then, you can also allow individuals to book. Keep in mind this will all be for the same duration of time though - so if the gym books for 3 hours all invitee bookings will also be for 3 hours.

Another suggestion would be to add additional users (using your own alternative email addresses) to your plan. You can then create an event type for each “host” (different user email address) under events on a team page. Since each host can take a booking at the same time, this will allow for your “overlaps.” 

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. You can also take advantage of Admin Managed Events and Shared Event Types! Click all of the hyperlinks to learn ore about each of these features. Keep in mind: you cannot create a true one-on-one ET on a team page, but you can use a Round Robin or Collective event as a one-on-one. Read more here

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

Read more here: 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else.

P.s. check out our Company Admin Guide and New User Guide