Skip to main content
Question

Allowing extra access to certain people

• 6 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to give certain people access to schedule over blocked time?  For example - I block chunks of time so that I don’t over-schedule myself, but there are certain clients I would like to be able to schedule over those blocked times.  Like giving certain people super scheduling access.

Hey @ericakuhl! Great questions! Welcome to community! 🤗

Are you referring to an ability to book over time you’ve blocked off on your connected calendar (example: Google)? 

If so - great news! If you have a need to block off time on your connected calendar to indicate you are busy for others, you can do this as long as you make sure that it’s “free” and not “busy.” 

Using Google as an example: Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar and changing the status from "busy" to "free" as shown below:

Leaving this “free” will allow people to book with you during those times in Calendly if you have also set those times within your Calendly availability.

Now, if you need those times to be “busy” there is no way to allow Calendly invitees to book over them if that calendar is marked to be checked for conflicts, I’m afraid. 

Something else worth noting is that Calendly bookings can always only be made within your availability. So, if you want to ensure you are not over-booked, update your availability! Likewise, in each individual event type you are able to set a maximum limit for each day. Example: you have a “30 Minute Meeting” event type but do not want to take more than three 30 min meetings per day - you can do that by clicking into the event > clicking “when can people book this event?” > scrolling down and clicking “additional rules for your availability” > updating the “Maximum allowed events per day for this type of event” section > clicking “save and close.”

Lastly, you might want to check out our One-Off Meeting feature! This allows invitees to book within availability parameters you set, which can be outside of your normal availability within Calendly and over your connected calendar events. 

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the thorough response - but it seems what I’m looking to do isn’t possible. I don’t want those blocks to be “free” because then it defeats the purpose.  What I was hoping for seems like a feature request.  A feature that would allow certain designated people to have extra power to book over “busy” blocks.  I use the other features heavily already that you refer to - the available hours and the max event types but those don’t help this specific use case unfortunately.  

Hey again, @ericakuhl! I wasn’t sure if you were referring to blocking off time solely on your connected calendar and allowing Calendly invitees to book, or blocking it off all together and only allowing specific Calendly invitees to book - so my apologies for some of those work arounds that were not helpful!

It does seem like there is some confusion, however! Our One-Off Meeting feature does allow you to give designated people an ability to book over your “busy” time slots (be those on your connected calendar or in Calendly). You create the one-off meeting, select the times you’d like to offer, then send the link to whomever you’d like to allow to book it. The caveat here is that a one-off meeting forms a single-use link, so you’ll need to create one for each “designated person.” 

Here’s a video tutorial I created for you displaying an ability to offer times for invitee’s to book over your connected calendar events and outside of your Calendly availability using a one-off meeting: 

Thank you Kelsi - I’ll check out the video and this seems to be the way to go!  Appreciate the detail and sticking with me here!

Thank you Kelsi - I’ll check out the video and this seems to be the way to go!  Appreciate the detail and sticking with me here!

Of course! I appreciate you keeping an open mind! I do think this solution is going to work for you, but of course will be here to assist with new ideas if it is a big ol’ flunk! Let me know! =)