Solved

Allowing to block time without event

• 30 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Can I share my calendar link and allow people to block time? As in, without needing to create and event with pre specified slots? 

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 3 April 2024, 02:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Sarab - great question! I’m glad you posted this topic. 

Calendly does not currently offer an ability to share a link without predetermined availability for the invitee to select from. That said - you might be interested in our One-Off Meeting feature and/or our Meeting Polls feature. Namely - Meeting Polls.

Well - what is a Meeting Poll? Let me tell you! 🤗

A Calendly meeting poll combines both voting and scheduling in a few simple steps:

1. You create your meeting details and offer times to meet.
  2. People vote on their preferred times.
  3. You choose the best time, and Calendly schedules the meeting for you.

Meeting_polls_-_new_page_voting.png

Benefits

• Consolidate tools: Calendly will handle voting and scheduling.
  • Take everyone’s time into consideration: Let people vote on their preferred times for upcoming meetings.
  • Find the best time to meet: Book a single time to meet with a single host or multiple hosts, with multiple attendees, based on the times they prefer.
  • Turn voters into attendees: Calendly will automatically send calendar invites and meeting details to everyone who votes in a poll.

Keep in mind that you also have other customization options at your fingertips! For example, with one-on-one event types you can utilize our Customize Once and Share tool. Then, the aforementioned One-Off Meeting option allows you to offer high-priority time blocks over your existing bookings/events on your connected calendar.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

p.s. check out our New User Guide - it’s full of tips + tricks to get you started! 

Thank you for the revert Kelsi. This is helpful.

I do wish there was a way to share a calendar link where a person could block an amount of time as per their need with me setting a limit, say 90min maximum. But they could use that link to block on 20 or 45 mins as per their need. Currently I set the limit by creating meeting slots often without knowing the context or the content of the said meeting. Which requires a meeting before setting a meeting 😀.

Not sure others in the Calendly Community have a similar need. 

Thanks! Sarab

Userlevel 7

Thank you for the revert Kelsi. This is helpful.

I do wish there was a way to share a calendar link where a person could block an amount of time as per their need with me setting a limit, say 90min maximum. But they could use that link to block on 20 or 45 mins as per their need. Currently I set the limit by creating meeting slots often without knowing the context or the content of the said meeting. Which requires a meeting before setting a meeting 😀.

Not sure others in the Calendly Community have a similar need. 

Thanks! Sarab

This is excellent feedback - we truly do appreciate it. I will make sure to include it in our monthly feedback report for product. I can’t make promises about that being implemented later - but can promise the feedback is valued and will be heard! I am really glad that for now, what I shared above proved helpful! Let me know if I can help again any time! 🤗