Skip to main content
Question

Always show first available timeslot?

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello, I have a client that is booked out 6 weeks all the time.  I have to manually go in and adjust the URL to default to the correct month that is the first available timeslot.  It’s an annoying hassle to have to continually monitor when a month has no timeslots and go in and update the URL to show the first available timeslot to customers.  

How do I default to the first available timeslot?  Note: Yes I know there is an identical thread with this name that is locked. That thread did not answer the question so I’m hoping to find an answer here. Thanks!

Hey there @heathbenjaminz - thanks so much for posting! I am truly sorry about the delay in answering, here. I am not sure how your topic got lost in the sauce - but it did! I’m here now, though - so let’s talk about this!

Firstly - check out our New User Guide. It’s a really helpful resource for those new to Calendly!

Secondly, and to your actual point - I believe that this can be resolved by changing your availability settings within your event type. Instead of using a “date range” under the “scheduling settings” > “date range” section and set this to “indefinitely into the future.” 

Click into your even type settings to edit > click “scheduling settings” > update the “date range” section

This should resolve your issue - but if you get stuck again or have other questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know! We’re happy to help. =) 

I performed your suggestions.  As you can see from screenshot 1, the default is still set to the current month and not the next available timeslot as requested.

Hey there @heathbenjaminz - thanks for showing me this! I just visited your public booking page and can see for myself, as well, that I do have to click the buttons to scroll to May before landing on availability.

I believe this is happening because you have set up availability that spans March to May, but those dates are not currently available. If you had it set up so that your first available date (whether appearing as available or unavailable) was in May, it would likely go straight to May. 

For example: in your event type settings you have set yourself up to be available on weekdays from 9am to 5pm, but none of that is appearing from March to May. 

“Weekly availability” is included in your availability - what else is there? Are you using date overrides? Have you blocked off time via “busy” events on your connected “check for conflicts” calendar/s? Look into this!

This makes me wonder if you have used date overrides or “busy” events on your connected (“check for conflicts”) calendar to block off all of your availability from March to May, or if all of those months are unavailable because you’ve already been booked within Calendly? 

As you can see, when I set up my own availability to not include weekly hours, to only include date overrides in May, and then look at my live booking page - it automatically lands on May (both in the editing viewer and on the live booking page itself): 

First month that shows is the first available - May - in editor view when I remove weekly availability and use date overrides specifically in May
Live booking page automatically lands on May when availability is set as described above

Taking all of this into consideration, here’s what you should look at: 

1. Availability - how do you have it set up, specifically, how did you set it up so that your first available date is in May? Date overrides? Busy events on your connected calendar? 
  2. Bookings - do you have existing bookings for this event type between March and May? If so, that is part of why this is happening. 
  3. If you do have set availability between March and May that is simply not showing due to those time blocks already being booked/being “busy” your booking page will continue to show “No Available Dates In (Month)” and prompt invitees to scroll to the next month until there is availability.
  4. If you set up your availability so that there is no set time between March and May, but rather so that the first available date (busy or available) is in May, you should see the same results I displayed using my test account.

I hope this helps!

Hi Kelsi, we’ve booked the customer’s calendar out until May using calendly.  I’m losing hope there’s a solution to defaulting the calendar to showing the customers first available booking date and it’s going to require manual intervention every single time forcing me to monitor when the next month is filled and adjusting the URL link.  Unless you can think of a better viable option.  I’ve tried all your suggestions.

Hey there, @heathbenjaminz - thanks for the followup. I’m sorry this is still persisting. I have reached out to some colleagues to see if there is anything else to suggest, here. You might also consider reaching out to our support team. They are available 24/7 and you can reach them by logging into your account and clicking “help” where you’ll be taken to our live chat option. 

I’ll be back! 

Hey @heathbenjaminz - back with an update! Thanks for being patient with me. 

This would ultimately be a feature request, which I am more than happy to make sure is looped around to our product team in this month’s user feedback report. 

By default, the Calendly booking page will prompt the first month within the selected date range (if your availability is not lined up with “today” - if that makes sense) of your event type settings.. This means that if your first month within the “date range” setting is not May, then May will not be the first month that appears. The booking page will then throw the prompt seen to move to the next month. If you were to change your “date range” settings to start in May (since you are booked out until then, anyway - on the user’s account) the issue will likely resolve. If you do not want to do that, then you are correct in assuming there’s not a different workaround at this point! 

I hope this helps!