Skip to main content
Question

approve bookings

• 21 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Is there a way all bokings have to be approved by me?

i want all bookings to be pending until i approve them ( when i receive payment confimration), is there a way to do that?
thanks

Hey @EnriqueBorja - great question, and welcome to community! You are asking about an ability to “reconfirm” a booking after it’s made. 

Unfortunately, Calendly does not currently support manual confirmations. We’ve found that manual confirmation increases the steps you have to take to book meetings. Not having to confirm, deny or reschedule a booking eliminates the email back-and-forth of scheduling. Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected personal calendar. It checks for events marked “Busy” and interprets them as conflicts, preventing invitees from scheduling new events at those times.

When an invitee schedules with you, the event is automatically published to your personal calendar and appears on your Calendly Home page under Scheduled Events. Both you and your invitee receive confirmation by email as well, helping to streamline scheduling for appointments, meetings, and more! For this reason, it should not be necessary to manually confirm event bookings - as Calendly already knows when you are and are not available!

However, you can certainly reschedule or cancel events from your Scheduled Events tab as necessary!

To help you maintain control, we’ve also provided lots availability setting options so you don’t have to worry about confirming. When you set your desired availability, the only options invitees have are the time slots that you’re truly prepared for. Here’s some more information about this: Schedules and defining your availability. For greater control over who can schedule with you, you might also consider using secret event types or single-use links! I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

I also hope you have a great Thanksgiving if you celebrate! 🦃

Ok or maybe some way to mark appointments as paid and not paid? I know about the notes on Each appointment. But I have to open the appointment to see the note. I does implementing Mexican pesos on the currencies is hard? Are you planning on Doing it on a near future?

Hello again, @EnriqueBorja - thanks for your response! At this time there is no way to mark a booking “paid” or “unpaid” without making a note, like you mentioned. However, if an event type requires payment in order to be booked you can be sure that if a booking appears under your “scheduled events” tab/on your connected calendar, it’s been paid. You can also double check your payment provider. 

The ability to accept additional currencies relies on the third party payment providers we integrate with (Stripe and Paypal) and is not determined by Calendly. There is not currently any plan on the road map to add additional payment currencies that I am aware of - this would be a question for Stripe’s and/or Paypal’s support team/s. 

At this time, our payment integrations can accept payments using the following currencies:

$ AUD - Australian Dollar
$ CAD - Canadian Dollar
€ EUR - Euro
£ GBP - Pound Sterling
$ USD - United States Dollar

If you'd prefer to collect payment with a different currency, you could include a payment link on your confirmation page to direct invitees to your preferred payment portal. Customizing your invitee notification emails to include that link might do the trick as well! While these options won't ensure users pay for the service prior to booking, it may allow some more flexibility.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

I already put a payment link on the confirmation page, that’s why I wanted to be able to mark as paid, but it seems like I won’t be able to do so.

Thanks for clarifying, @EnriqueBorja - and I’m sorry I do not have a better workaround for you right now! You might consider integrating with Zapier so that you can track things more easily. This could allow you to create spreadsheets, for example, from all created bookings and mark them as paid in that spreadsheet. Check out more here