Skip to main content
Question

Are users able to view their scheduled events

• 22 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi! Some assistance with this would be much appreciated. 

I am a relatively new user to Calendly. I give online lessons and am using Calendly as my scheduling tool. The problem I am struggling with is that I can’t work out whether it is possible for my students to view their booked lessons. My preference would be a calendar format. I’d rather that they didn’t have to go into a link in an email to see their scheduled events. I’m thinking that that they will need some sort of login? I can’t figure it out. 

I’d like the student to be able to view this calendar (or list of scheduled events) via their own profile page on my own website, if possible. 

I’d grateful for a few pointers. 

Thanks
Nicky

Hello @Nicky23732!

Great questions! To be clear - are your students hosting lessons? Or are they booking with you as invitees? 

If the former, each student would need their own login and you’d need to add them as additional users under your organization in Calendly so that they can take bookings on their own event types which would then push to their own connected calendars. You can read more about this, here.

If the latter, it is not possible for invitees to view bookings within Calendly. Calendly is simply the tool used for you to allow others to book with you. They’d need to view their emails/personal calendars (if they are adding events from email to calendars, or, if you are using calendar invitations so they are auto-added to invitee calendars) to keep track of their lessons with you. As invitees and not hosts, even if your students were to all create Calendly accounts, they will not be able to view their bookings with you in Calendly, as Calendly accounts do not “communicate” this way - bookings that someone makes as the invitee will not show up in their own Calendly accounts (yet - we do get requests for this and offer feedback to the appropriate teams)!

If you can clarify what exactly it is that you are hoping for, I can offer more insight! 

In case it is the first - we have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. 

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

Hi Kelsi, 

Yes I was wanting my students to view their events as invitees, but from your reply I can see that is not possible. 

Many thanks for your reply

Nicky

Hi Kelsi, 

Yes I was wanting my students to view their events as invitees, but from your reply I can see that is not possible. 

Many thanks for your reply

Nicky

I am sorry for the disappointing news! They will be able to easily view their events on their own calendars though! Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great evening!