Skip to main content
Question

automate "if, then" bookings

• 6 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I work in two different cities.  I prefer not to set up set days as City A vs City B (so I'm not having unfilled days in the slower location and pushing bookings out in the busier location).  I typically only open one appointment a day and once the first appointment books, I'll make the opposite city as unavailable for that day and will open subsequent appointments in the booked city.  I'd love to automate this as I'm busy enough that my schedule changes quickly now.  Is it possible to add an "if/then" type code to the bookings?  Aka "if city A books on day x, then city B becomes unavailable on day x and two more open appointments are added to city A schedule". 

Thanks 

Hey there @Joshua23866 - great questions, here!

I would love to tell you that we have tools and automations that would make this possible, right now, but we simply don’t.

With the way Calendly works, the Availability Schedules that you set up for your event types are going to apply in a black and white manner. If you make yourself available 9 to 5pm EST Monday through Friday on an event type, that is the schedule that will apply until you make changes to it (unless time slots are blocked off by “busy” events on your connected calendar, or, time slots are removed from the event type because they are booked on another event type and so on). 

I will definitely mark this post as product feedback for you, though. It’s a very interesting idea and I understand the need with your use case. Let us know if you have any more questions!