Skip to main content
Question

Availability

• 30 December 2023
  • 2 replies

This may be user error but am I wrong in thinking that when my calendars are all synched that the availability will NOT show when I have a time slot filled.  I have 3 synched and when I create a event it shows nothing is synched .

Hey there, @GarrySenna! Great question!

Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

You are correct - Calendly should block off time slots for which you’re unavailable. However, Calendly has to know you are unavailable for that to work! Calendly will read “busy” events on your calendar as conflicts and will allow bookings over “free” events. You’ll also want to set up your Availability Schedules.

Let’s use Google Calendar as an example. Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar and changing the status from "free" to "busy" as shown below:

To see why you're free when you should be unavailable: go to your Calendly home page > select "account" and then "calendar connections" > at "check for conflicts" select "edit" > select all calendars that should be checked for conflicts.

I hope this helps!

Kelsi,

Thank you so much for the quick response - I followed your instructions and it is all working seamlessly now .  Thank you so much 

Garry