Skip to main content
Question

Availability not working?

• 28 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi. I was thinking of using Calendly for my office and tried the free version.

However, people have been setting up appointments outside of my set availability. Anyone else experience this? I tried the troubleshooting but no cigar!

Hello @Dr.10867 - thanks for your post and welcome to Calendly! 

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your availability. The troubleshooting tool is best for figuring out why you are unavailable when you should be free.

To see why you're free when you should be unavailable: go to your Calendly home page > select "account" and then "calendar connections" > at "check for conflicts" select "edit" > select all calendars that should be checked for conflicts.

You’ll also want to make sure the events on your connected calendar are marked “busy.” For example, let’s use Google Calendar: 

Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar and changing the status from "free" to "busy" in order to make sure the events are read as conflicts in Calendly, as shown below: 

You might benefit from reading about Availability Schedules as well!

Lastly: you will want to make sure the hours you have set up in Calendly are actually applied to your event type/live booking page! Head to your schedule (if you used a schedule) and check the “active on” dropdown to see if it’s applied to the event in question. You can also head into your event type to check the available hours to make sure you have a schedule applies vs. “set custom hours.” If you are using custom hours, make sure the changes you made were made there and not under your availability tab. 

Hi. I was thinking of using Calendly for my office and tried the free version.

However, people have been setting up appointments outside of my set availability. Anyone else experience this? I tried the troubleshooting but no cigar!

I am having the exact same issue. It used to work fine, but this is no longer the case. 

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your availability. The troubleshooting tool is best for figuring out why you are unavailable when you should be free.

To see why you're free when you should be unavailable: go to your Calendly home page > select "account" and then "calendar connections" > at "check for conflicts" select "edit" > select all calendars that should be checked for conflicts.

You’ll also want to make sure the events on your connected calendar are marked “busy.” For example, let’s use Google Calendar: 

Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar and changing the status from "free" to "busy" in order to make sure the events are read as conflicts in Calendly, as shown below: 

Lastly: you will want to make sure the hours you have set up in Calendly are actually applied to your event type/live booking page! Head to your schedule (if you used a schedule) and check the “active on” dropdown to see if it’s applied to the event in question. You can also head into your event type to check the available hours to make sure you have a schedule applies vs. “set custom hours.” If you are using custom hours, make sure the changes you made were made there and not under your availability tab. 

Thank you for your response. I checked everything as you mentioned in your reply. Nothing has changed. 

My availability is set from 4-6pm Central time. A couple of appointments have come in from the East Coast for 4pm Eastern. This is 3pm Central and should not have been allowed. I have not changed anything in my Calendly settings or linked GCal.

When I log in as a different user I only see 4-6pm slots but that is because I am sitting in Central timezone. I wonder if someone at Calendly inadvertently introduced a bug and messed up Eastern Central timezone differentiation. This just started happening over the past two weeks.

Thank you for your response. I checked everything as you mentioned in your reply. Nothing has changed. 

My availability is set from 4-6pm Central time. A couple of appointments have come in from the East Coast for 4pm Eastern. This is 3pm Central and should not have been allowed. I have not changed anything in my Calendly settings or linked GCal.

When I log in as a different user I only see 4-6pm slots but that is because I am sitting in Central timezone. I wonder if someone at Calendly inadvertently introduced a bug and messed up Eastern Central timezone differentiation. This just started happening over the past two weeks.

I’m sorry this is happening! For more complicated troubleshooting like this, please reach out to our wonderful support team for help by logging into your account and clicking “help.” They will get you sorted out!