Skip to main content
Question

Best way to handle overlapping events?

• 28 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi Calendly team,

We have a small business and need to allow for multiple events to be scheduled at the same time.

For example, we have 3 team members who run group classes at 6-7:30 pm. We have many overlapping events per day. Customers can choose among all of them, and would like to see them in one place. 

The issue is since one Calendly account is connected to one Calendar, we can’t do overlapping events. 

What is the best way to solve for this? 

We thought about buying one Calendly subscription per team member, but then we would need to send the customer 3 scheduling links to browse all our available time slots. Not a smooth customer experience.

From an operations standpoint, we would need to setup 3 accounts worth of workflows, and log in and out of 3 accounts for daily management, and manage 3 google calendars, not one.

I really appreciate your help! We’ve invested a good chunk of time into setting everything up before realizing we can’t do double booking. 

Hi @SFTennis!

One of my peers over in Support just let me know they were able to help you and this issue is resolved now.

If you need anything else from us, let us know. We’re happy to help!

I also have the same issue. How can we sort this out?

I also have the same issue. How can we sort this out?

Because Calendly sees each account as an individual user, it will not allow overlapping Calendly events in an effort to prevent double bookings. However, we do have a Group event type that will allow multiple invitees to book the same time slot on one event type.

You can also set up a team page that includes multiple users that are actually your alternative email addresses. Then, create a round robin event type between your accounts so invitees can continue scheduling for the same time slot as long as one account has availability. Keep in mind, you will have to pay for each additional user. You can also set up Collective Event Types on a Teams Page - check those out as well! When setting up team scheduling you only have to share the booking link to the teams page to allow invitees to view all booking options for that team in one place. You can also share links to individual events.  I hope this helps!

Can someone please get in touch with me as well. I would like to know best way to insert additional appointment times in-between current slot intervals for my business without using multiple calendars.

Thank you.

Because this is off topic for this post, I am creating a new topic from your question so that others can benefit from it, and I will address it there! =)