Question

Block a person from scheduling

• 6 March 2024
  • 8 replies

I’ve had someone schedule time with me a number of times and never shows up. Is it possible to block someone from scheduling time on my calendar?

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChristineCarloG - great question! Thanks so much for your topic. Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

At this time, there is no way to directly block a specific person from booking with you via your public booking page. I really am sorry to say that (I haaate telling our users “no” in any case). 

That said, we do have some workarounds I can outline for you, and hopefully they will be helpful! 

Depending on how you've shared your link, you may want to consider exploring the following options:

• Changing the event URL, and sharing a new event link.
  • Alternatively, if you have shared your personal scheduling page- and not the event-specific link- you could make the event secret which would ensure it did not appear on your main scheduling page. Any invitees would need to use the event-specific link to access your booking page, which would only be provided by you.
  • In the future, I would also suggest sharing single-use links for specific event types. With single-use links, meeting links will expire once used and invitees will not be able to book another. Your event-type URL will never be exposed, preventing any unwanted repeat bookings on your calendar.

We’ve taken serious measures on the back end to mitigate spam events and abusive tactics and are always looking into more ways to prevent unwanted meetings. These measures include:

• Improvements to reduce spam, including suspension of fraudulent accounts, preventing automated account creation, bot detection on our bookings 
  • Hiring an entire team dedicated to Abuse, Trust & Safety, which is constantly working on evolving our abuse detection and response tools -
  • Maintaining an internal monitoring tool that detects and blocks spam messages generated from Calendly before they get sent. It does not catch everything, but it lowers how much spam gets out -
  • On-call teams that respond to Terms of Use violations and suspend bad accounts as soon as they are detected

If any event winds up on your Calendly that shouldn’t have, you can click the Report this event link either on the email notification you receive for the event or in the Scheduled Events tab in Calendly, as shown in the screenshot below. This cancels the meeting and reports the data to us, so we can continue to improve our abuse prevention measures:

Please note: Reporting an event does not block that invitee from booking with you in the future. However, it does add the invitee's email address to our logs which are being closely monitored by our Product team for future improvements around the issue of undesirable bookings.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

It appears this feature request has been brought up a few times in the community.  Is this a feature that is given any priority or being worked on? 

I also have the need to block certain users from time to time if they don’t show up or reschedule an appoint like 3-4 times.  The “report event” feature is not really applicable because they aren’t “abusing” the system.  They are simply an irresponsible person that thinks they can continue to try to block a time in my calendar. 

Userlevel 7

It appears this feature request has been brought up a few times in the community.  Is this a feature that is given any priority or being worked on? 

I also have the need to block certain users from time to time if they don’t show up or reschedule an appoint like 3-4 times.  The “report event” feature is not really applicable because they aren’t “abusing” the system.  They are simply an irresponsible person that thinks they can continue to try to block a time in my calendar. 

Hey there! I truly appreciate your feedback and the explanation of your need for this feature. I am making sure it’s included in our monthly report for the product team. At this time, while I wish it wasn’t true, I cannot provide comment on whether or not this feature might be implemented or when, if it is. I’m sorry! I can promise, though, that your feedback is being heard. I hope you have a good day! 

We have been writing for months. Competition is spamming our imbed calendly constantly. We cant access IP address to block and reporting does not do much, since they put fake emails that dont event exists most of the time.

This is a growing conduct of many companies and something should be done as it is impossible to manually track. We got 30% fake scheduled meetings in the past week.

Userlevel 7

We have been writing for months. Competition is spamming our imbed calendly constantly. We cant access IP address to block and reporting does not do much, since they put fake emails that dont event exists most of the time.

This is a growing conduct of many companies and something should be done as it is impossible to manually track. We got 30% fake scheduled meetings in the past week.

I am sorry to hear about this, and wish that there was more I could do to help you prevent it right now. Your frustration is totally valid - I would be frustrated if I were receiving that many spam bookings, too. 

I am sorry that I can’t promise any timeline on an update that would help remedy this. I will make sure your feedback is included in our monthly report and push it through to the powers that be. 

Howdy., So, this is not “solved” - so why is it marked as so?

This is so frustrating - people book and do not show up or reschedule at the last minute…sometimes several times!

Calendly, there must be a way for us to “block” repeat offenders! 

boldandbusted (above) is asking why this is marked as “solved”. It is NOT solved! 

Userlevel 7

Howdy., So, this is not “solved” - so why is it marked as so?

Hey - sorry for the confusion! When a topic receives a “best answer” (meaning an answer that includes the most up-to-date, accurate information related to the content of the topic so it will appear directly underneath the parent post for all to see when they land on it), it will read as “solved”. This does not mean that the feedback is being ignored or that the issue/s discussed has been “resolved” - while I can understand how it might seem that way! Rest assured that the feedback shared here has been included in our report for the product team to look over. I wish I could make promises about timelines, ifs and whens for whether or not an update like this might be implemented in the future, and I’m sorry I can’t! If it helps, I’ve removed the “best answer” so this topic does not read as “solved” anymore, but did still want to explain.