Skip to main content
Question

Block specific person from creating appointment

• 8 August 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a situation in which a specific user keeps scheduling an appointment and then does not attend the meeting. I want to block them specifically from creating additional appointments and monopolizing time on my calendar. Is this an available feature? I couldn’t find anything in the FAQ or settings. Changing the URL isn’t a feasible solution as that would negatively impact those to whom I’ve already sent the link and would require me to update several pages on our website, some of which I would need to involve other departments in as it would require actual changes to the HTML coding. 

Hi Karl61851! 

At this time, there is no way to directly block a specific person from booking with you via your public booking page. I really am sorry to say that and this is a good idea. I’ve marked it as a feature request and will make sure it gets in front of the right people. 

That said, we do have some workarounds I can outline for you, and hopefully they will be helpful! 

Depending on how you've shared your link, you may want to consider exploring the following options:

• Changing the event URL, and sharing a new event link.
  • Alternatively, if you have shared your personal scheduling page- and not the event-specific link- you could make the event secret which would ensure it did not appear on your main scheduling page. Any invitees would need to use the event-specific link to access your booking page, which would only be provided by you.
  • In the future, I would also suggest sharing single-use links for specific event types. With single-use links, meeting links will expire once used and invitees will not be able to book another. Your event-type URL will never be exposed, preventing any unwanted repeat bookings on your calendar.

We’ve taken serious measures on the back end to mitigate spam events and abusive tactics and are always looking into more ways to prevent unwanted meetings. These measures include:

• Improvements to reduce spam, including suspension of fraudulent accounts, preventing automated account creation, bot detection on our bookings 
  • Hiring an entire team dedicated to Abuse, Trust & Safety, which is constantly working on evolving our abuse detection and response tools -
  • Maintaining an internal monitoring tool that detects and blocks spam messages generated from Calendly before they get sent. It does not catch everything, but it lowers how much spam gets out -
  • On-call teams that respond to Terms of Use violations and suspend bad accounts as soon as they are detected

If any event winds up on your Calendly that shouldn’t have, you can click the Report this event link either on the email notification you receive for the event or in the Scheduled Events tab in Calendly, as shown in the screenshot below. This cancels the meeting and reports the data to us, so we can continue to improve our abuse prevention measures:

Please note: Reporting an event does not block that invitee from booking with you in the future. However, it does add the invitee's email address to our logs which are being closely monitored by our Product team for future improvements around the issue of undesirable bookings.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

Hopefully you will implement this feature