Skip to main content

Hi,

It would be very handy to be able to block someone from booking, rather than having to create new links. Surely something on the line if someone books with a certain name, email address and phone number, we could automatically block them from booking. 

John

Hi @John28306

This makes sense and is a good idea. I’ve marked this as product feedback and will make sure our team sees this post when we are considering feature updates. That said, we take security very seriously here at Calendly. If you are receiving fraudulent or malicious booking please visit our Report Abuse page, which allows you to send all the appropriate information to Calendly. Use the Report Abuse button to open our reporting form, follow the prompts, and report as much information as possible. And if you are receiving malicious emails related to your booking page please forward abusive emails to trust@calendly.com.

@Sean Marlin I 100% agree with @John28306  on this and think blocking someone’s email from using specific calendars events on your account, if not all calendars events, should be a feature that the dev team looks into.

I have a recruiting calendar that I hand out very sparingly to ensure it’s only getting into the hands of recruits that truly want to seek out our opportunity, but right now I am dealing with 1 specific person that continues to book and reschedule every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and its been going on for 2 consecutive weeks now. This is not only disturbing my day and making me wait around for a meeting that never happens, but is blocking out my schedule for other people to book with me as well.

I don’t think the solution should be to create individual 1-off events for every single recruit that I can deactivate. I also don’t think the solution should be to create an entirely new calendar event for recruits to begin using moving forward as a lot of potential prospects have already received our current calendar link. So if I could just block this user, and down the road more users as they conduct the same behavior, then this would be the perfect solution to stopping this issue from continuing without adding more labor and time that other solutions might require or by inconveniencing everyone else that now needs a new link.

This is obviously not Calendly’s fault but a great suggestion that I would assume is a very relevant problem for many users of the platform!