Skip to main content

Hello there!
Brand new to using calendly. I have integrated 2 google calendars with my account but the times I have scheduled as “available” in calendly are not blocking those dates/times in my google calendar. How do I change this so I don’t double book something and can easily glance at my google calendar and know my open calendly dates? 

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Hey there! This is an understandable confusion point! Your availability in Calendly is just that — available times you can be booked. This availability won’t block off your Google Calendar in and of itself. Once an invitee books a time slot, that booking will appear as a “busy” event on your Google Calendar (if it’s set as the “add to” calendar in your account). Likewise, if you manually add your own “busy” events on Google Calendar they’ll block off the corresponding time slots on your Calendly booking page/s. If you’re noticing Calendly time slots that should be unavailable because of “busy” Google Calendar events, you can read more about how to troubleshoot that here! Unfortunately there’s not a way to glance at your Google Calendar and see your open availability in Calendly. You’ll just see bookings that have been made! I hope this helps make sense of things! 

As a new user, this page in our help center is full of info for getting started and is also very helpful, along with our video tutorials!

Thanks so much for your reply! It sounds like if I block my google calendar to match my available times in calendly as a “visual” for me so I don’t book something else in those spots, it’ll actually end up marking those as “unavailable” in calendly then, right? 

When your available times are different day to day and week to week it’s time consuming to be bouncing between two calendars to avoid double booking. 

If anyone has found a workaround for this, please let me know.

If you’d like to block time in Google Calendar to give yourself a visual of your Calendly availability, all you need to do is make sure those time blocks are marked “free” instead of “busy!” Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar and changing the status from "busy" to "free" as shown below:

So, I’d suggest creating your time blocks and naming them something like “Calendly Available Hours” and marking them all “free.” Then, when a true Calendly booking comes in, it’ll be placed on your Google Calendar over one of those time slots as a “busy” event. You can then delete the free time slot or leave it there, as it won’t impact anything. I hope this helps!

BOOM! So grateful for your advice here! Yes! That’s exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!

BOOM! So grateful for your advice here! Yes! That’s exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!!

BOOM! Love to see it!!! Let us know if you run into anything else or get stuck. 🤗

So, I just tried this and it ended up wiping out all the times in Calendly. I marked the event in Google “free” and then “public” also. I tried again changing it to “private” and the same thing happened. Am I missing a step? 😢

Hey @JordanLangdon! I’m sorry to hear this - but yes - there must be something missing! “Free” events will not be read as conflicts by Calendly. Did you happen to make this an event that spans several days instead of an individual daily event with a start and end time? If so - that might have caused it! If not, I suggest setting your Calendly availability, then setting a daily event with set start/end times in Google Calendar that is set as “free” and seeing how that works out for you. Also, be sure you do not have another event blocking off time!