Skip to main content
Question

Book for invitee text reminder

• 2 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I noticed a difference between using the app vs the website when rebooking for my clients. I tend to use the app, but when I go to past events and click the option to book a new appointment for my client, it doesn't carry over their phone number for text reminders. If instead I use the website, the number carries over automatically. Can this be fixed on the app side so I don't have to switch between app and website? 

Hey @Bodyworks78613 - thanks for posting! Can you please provide more context so we can best assist? When you say “rebooking” are you referring to rescheduling an existing booked date/time? If needed, screenshots or a screen recording would be helpful as well! If you need a free screen recording tool, many of our users use Loom or Vidyard. It would also be very helpful to know more about your use case - how you plan to utilize Calendly, what features you are interested in, and whatever else you'd like to include!

Thank you - looking forward to your response!

@Kelsi at Calendly I am referring to the option to book for an invitee. So, on the website if I go back to my past appointments, I can click the "schedule invitee again" link and rebook an appointment with all of the preexisting information, which includes a phone number for text message notifications, the field labeled "Send text messages to". On the app I can click "Schedule new meeting" and then "book for invitee" and when I get to the client information, everything but the phone number for text reminders is filled. This forces me to re-enter the phone number manually or just book without the number, which means the client loses text notifications.

Since some of my clients like to book sessions with me upon completion of a current session, it's nice that I can just do this for them on the spot, but I prefer to use the app for ease of use, but would love for the client phone number to carry over when I rebook like it does on the website. 

Hey again @Bodyworks78613 - thanks for the thorough explanation of your use case and the issue you’ve run into! I am going to dig into this with my colleagues to find out whether it’s expected behavior or not, and whether we have a fix for you! I appreciate your patience in the meantime, and hope you have a wonderful Sunday!