Skip to main content

I am using Calendly (standard plan) to book equipment in an education space. For example, 5 separate workstations are available for booking at the same time. My preference is to set them up as individual 1-1 events (i.e. workstation 1, 2...) and have them all populate 1 calendar, but when one station is booked for a time slot, all others become unavailable at the same time. The only option  seems to be set 1 group meeting with 5 slots, but then people cannot select a specific workstation so it is not ideal and a bit confusing…. Am I missing something here, are multi 1-1 meetings not bookable simultaneously? 

Hi @Digi82146,

Calendly basically always prevents you from being double booked, so the short answer is no, you cannot book multiple 1:1 meetings simultaneously with one account. For some organizations, having an account for each scenario is feasible but I won’t assume that’s a solution for you.

So any workarounds?

As you mentioned, a group event is a possibility but if you’re booking 5 different workstations and users need to be able to book a specific one that won’t work. Alternatively, something we’ve seen some customers have success with is basically setting up staggered “check-in” times. So let’s say for example you’ve got an engineering laptop, a standard laptop, a normal projector, an HD projector, and a scanner to book. You could setup each in 5 minute intervals so maybe this looks like the engineering laptop having a pickup of 8:00-8:05, the standard laptop from 8:05-8:10, and so on. The other nice part of this is that it gives you time to meet with each person, get them what they need, and answer any questions instead of having everything happening at once. You’re also super welcome to tell people they can show up earlier or within a specific time range.

We had a kitten rescue ask us about this awhile ago and it’s worked really well for them. Here’s a bit more about the setup: 

Hope this helps!

Thanks very much for this idea. I will explore it!