Skip to main content
Question

Booking recurrent meetings and multiple meetings (with Stripe integration)

• 10 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I just upgraded my plan (from free to standard), and I'm actually very disappointed. There are things I thought would be easy and they are not, or not possible at all.

The way my business operates is as follows: people are charged for every 4 sessions that they book. I have 2 different prices for it, depending on the time (peak time and off-peak). Anyway, I don't really see a way to do this with Calendly:

• Step 1: I want to manually book recurring sessions for my existing clients, so they don't have to do it themselves. They will just receive a notification and they can cancel or postpone individual sessions any time
  • Step 2: Going forward, I want them to prepay the 4 sessions (instead of me sending them an invoice every time, after the 4th session), so they could pre-pay and then book the 4 sessions in my calendar.
  • Step 3: After all this is implemented, I wanted to implement a cancellation fee if it happens last minute (same day) and a no-show penalty as well.

So far, I can't even complete step 1.

• To make things worst, I can't even set my local currency (CZK), even if I do have it set in Stripe and people currently pay me on my local currency using Stripe.

If none of this is possible, please recommend me another tool, this makes no sense to me.

Hey there @Prague Guitar Academy - thanks so much for your post. I appreciate the time you took to outline your goals and use case. Check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide when you get a chance - they are both very helpful resources. 

It’s not often that I have to tell a user that what they are attempting to do isn’t possible with Calendly, and I hate when that does happen to be the case. While I do have some workarounds for parts of what you need, here, I want to be transparent in the fact that Calendly isn’t quite designed for everything you are attempting. 

You are correct in that your local currency isn’t currently an option within Calendly. I will make sure to note that feedback for our product team, while I cannot give a timeline for if/when it might change. 

As you know, we have integrations with both Stripe and PayPal. You can connect your Stripe or PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you. If you need to collect payment in a more customized way, you could add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link!

As it pertains to your bulleted list above: 

• Step 1: You can absolutely book on behalf of your invitees in Calendly by heading to your own public booking page, entering the invitee information and booking. They will then receive booking confirmation as though they’d booked themselves, cutting out that step that you took in booking for them. Invitees can always cancel but the ability to officially “postpone” is not a feature within Calendly at this time. 
  • Step 2: While Calendly does not have an official ability to collect payment for four sessions up front, there are well implemented workarounds for this that we have outlined in articles here in Community that other users have had success with. You can read about those here (check out the sections about “series” and “bundles” to apply those tips to your use case). In short - you can create an event type that collects the full amount for all four sessions, then create a “secret” even type for which the three sessions remaining is used to book. This secret event will not collect payment as the first event took care of the full amount. 
  • Step 3: Calendly currently does not have a feature that allows for an automatic cancellation fee or any fees outside of payment collection upon booking an event. This is something you’d have to implement manually or using another tool. I’m sorry!

I wish that I could suggest another tool for you that takes all of what Calendly does and also includes all of your asks, here, but I am not aware of one at this time! I will make sure to mark your feedback for our product team to look into, however. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions and I’ll be happy to answer them!