Skip to main content

I have created a calendar for specific days and hours. Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:00am to 05:00pm. Some people already booked but after each booked schedule, there is a 1 hour buffer, so these times are booked. Buffer before and after is not switched on.

Any idea? Thanks.

Hi @Boris02608!

Sounds like you’ve already checked the first thing I would have. Have you checked your calendar service (ie, Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.) and any add-ons for a buffer setting? For example, I use Reclaim on top of my Google Calendar so any event with a location is automatically given a 30 minute travel buffer before and after.

Hello @Boris02608!

Something else to keep in mind about buffers is that if they were turned on when these bookings were made, they will still apply and block out those time slots, even if you’ve since turned them “off” in your event type settings. All settings that are in place when an event is booked are “locked in” for those bookings. 

What you’d need to do in order to remove those buffer times from bookings made when they were in place is cancel and reschedule the bookings. This will effectively put the new settings in place - sans buffers!

You can read more about buffers and how they work here in our Help Center! 

If the buffers were not turned on when these bookings were made, I would resort to your connected calendar to see if there are any meetings during those times. If you have buffers turned on for another event type with bookings made, they might be attaching to an issue with duration due to events on your calendar. Let us know if this doesn’t help! 

Hi Jilian,

Hi KelsiEllie,

I really appreciate your help and recommendation in regards to the buffer. I checked and I do not have any connected calendar.

But, Kelsis recommendation worked. I cancelled all my scheduled meetings (some work...) and now, I have free spaces to keep on making meetings (smile).

Thanks again and regards,

Boris.

@Boris02608 I’m so glad this worked for you! Happy scheduling! 

Thanks. i am not happy meeting all the time but at least happy with Calendly.

Nice weekend.