Skip to main content

Bug: cannot delete a recuring time on a specific date

• 16 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Have you updated the Calendly software? Now it still shows recurring times that have been deleted!

E.g. Recurring time: Friday every week 8 -11 When I try to delete this Friday event on December 8, I get the response that it is now free, but on the website for clients is Friday December 8 is still bookable from 8-11

Thanks for your help

Hi @Christa20270!

We haven’t changed anything that would be causing this behavior, so I’d recommend giving the Troubleshooting Availability tool a try to see if the cause is somewhere in your calendar or settings. You can learn more about the tool and how to access it here:

Let us know what you find out and we’ll gladly continue to help if needed!

Hi @jillian 

Thanks for the quick reply, but the problem I'm describing is the other way around. I delete dates that I don't want to release for booking, but they remain bookable

Hello @Christa20270! Thanks for the clarification, here. What is most likely is one of two things: 

1. You still have this time marked as “available” in your Calendly schedule, and/or
  2. You did not apply your updated schedule to your event type, and/or
  3. You still have this time “free” on your “check for conflicts” calendar

What I suggest doing is a thorough overview of your availability. What schedule is applied to the event type? What time is free on your connected Calendar? 

To make sure the correct calendar/s are being checked for conflicts: go to your Calendly home page > select "account" > select “calendar sync” > at "check for conflicts" select "edit" > select all calendars that should be checked for conflicts.

If you do not have a connected calendar, the issue must lie within your Calendly availability. In this case, head to your “availability” tab and check the “active on” dropdown to make sure you’ve applied your updated schedule to your event type. If you haven’t, use this dropdown to select the event type and click “save.” See below: 

“Active on” dropdown under “Availability” tab

Your schedule might look slightly different than the screenshot but will function the same way. I hope this helps!