Skip to main content
Solved

Calendar Invitation Format

• 17 July 2024
  • 5 replies

How do you create a better-looking calendar invitation? When I add the privacy statement, signature and such the format and spacing is awful. What can I do to make it look professional? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Allison52421 -- thanks for your post!

When editing your calendar invitations within Calendly’s event type editor, make sure to take advantage of the formatting options available to you there. Attempting to implement formatting that is not native to Calendly’s editor might result in an undesirable look.

Ultimately, the best way I’ve come across for making sure my calendar invitations look the way I intend for them to is to book a test event after setting up those invites. 

When booking a test event, head to your own booking page and input info as if you were an invitee. I suggest using a different email address for your “invitee” email address than the one you use to send calendar invitations, if possible. This way you do not confuse the emails you receive as the “invitee” and the host when testing.

Once you’ve booked your test event, you should see the calendar invitation pop-up on your calendar (associated with whatever invitee email you use) as well as the email that appears with most calendar invitations, and you can take a look! If something seems off (like the spacing), you can go edit it and rebook another test to check it, again.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!
Let us know if you have any more questions and we’ll be here to answer them! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thank you. What formatting options? You can’t change fonts, add bullets, add links, etc… Am I missing something? 

Userlevel 7

Thank you. What formatting options? You can’t change fonts, add bullets, add links, etc… Am I missing something? 

Sorry for the confusion! 🙂 When I said “formatting” I should have been clear, as I was referring to the variables offered.

That was my mistake, as I used the wrong verbiage due to being focused on “formatting” while reading your post.

💡F.Y.I.

I did do some testing for you because I was curious about this (nobody has ever brought it to my attention to date nor have I attempted formatting in my own calendar invitations specifically). Unfortunately, there is no workaround at the time.

I was able to use my keyboard shortcuts to create bold, italic and underlined text in the calendar invitation text field. I was also able to copy/paste the same type(s) of formatted text (bold/italic/underlined) + a bullet list + a numbered list from a Google Calendar event description into the calendar invitation text field. 

While it all showed up properly and saved, it did not translate to the actual Google Calendar event when I made a test booking. (I booked an event with myself + looked at the calendar event that was created in Google Calendar from that booking.) The formatted text all showed up as plain text, and the bullet list showed up with asterisks instead of bullets. 😔 I was hopeful, as I saw the formatted text working in the field -- but, no dice. 

I am going to make sure to note this as product feedback for you so that it’s included in our monthly report. It would be fantastic to be able to see formatted font, at the very least the basics, in the calendar invitations you set up in Calendly!

📌In the meantime

I have seen many calendar invitations made to look quite professional with similar formatting, just done creatively. For example, rather than a true bullet list you can create a list using dashes! Likewise, you can create a numbered list and it will work out just fine. 

When it comes to spacing, I’ve found that hitting “enter” twice instead of once should give a clean paragraph break. 

Make sure to book a test event with yourself so that you can see what it looks like before having invitees book!

I hope this helps at least somewhat, and that you have a great evening. 🌜

Userlevel 1

Thanks for bringing that back to the product team. We should be able to format the calendar invites so they look professional. Right now, they look awful if you have to write any text. Much appreciated. 

Userlevel 7

Sorry for the double-comment @Allison52421 -- but I forgot to mention something that I do think you’ll benefit from! 🤞🏼I went ahead and created some examples for you -- so keep reading! 📖

While it’s definitely a bummer that you cannot format the text in a Calendar Invitation, what you can format more precisely are emails sent via Workflows as well as Email Confirmations (the other invitee booking notification, alternative to calendar invitations). 

💻 What can you do? 

Within the body of an email being sent using Workflows, you can: 

• create bullet + numbered lists
  • use bold, italic and underlined text
  • insert hyperlinks
Examples of formatting options within an email sent via Workflows

Within the body of an Email Confirmation (alt to cal invite), you can:

• use bold and italic text
  • insert hyperlinks 
Examples of formatting options within an Email Confirmation

While I understand this is not the same as being able to officially format a calendar invitation, hopefully it helps your workflow in some way! 🤗 🍀