Skip to main content

I want to highlight an issue where invitations sent through Calendly don't automatically appear in recipients' calendars, and only an email notification is sent. To ensure that the event is saved in the calendar, the recipients need to manually open the attachment and save it, which the person finds inconvenient and a potential cause for missed appointments. I am seeking information on how Calendly is supposed to work regarding automatic calendar entries. Specifically, I want to know which calendars are supposed to receive entries automatically and which ones do not. I am looking for a solution to ensure that appointments are reflected automatically in clients' calendars to avoid the problem of missed appointments.

Hello!

When creating an event, you have the option to either send booking confirmations to your invitees email or their calendar. If you choose the “Email confirmation” option, invitations are sent to your invitees email; however, if you choose the “Calendar invitation” option, a calendar event is added to your invitees calendar immediately after booking. I’ve attached a quick video below to show how you can make this change!

Changing to Calendar Invitations - Watch Video

d2f55d423d5d44d5b5b43a9cbda66ad1-with-play.gif?Policy=eyJTdGF0ZW1lbnQiOlt7IlJlc291cmNlIjoiaHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4ubG9vbS5jb20vc2Vzc2lvbnMvdGh1bWJuYWlscy9wcml2YXRlL2QyZjU1ZDQyM2Q1ZDQ0ZDViNWI0M2E5Y2JkYTY2YWQxLXdpdGgtcGxheS5naWYiLCJDb25kaXRpb24iOnsiRGF0ZUxlc3NUaGFuIjp7IkFXUzpFcG9jaFRpbWUiOjE3MDYyODE5MTF9fX1dfQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJQIC5BGSW7XXK7FQ&Signature=f7xud%7Eq69YJXypGOnFCBrez8PqmiK0JIwqMqRxTP4ER7YZQGxXbovoz7plZHMZDbNzcAtctFzwMdPxykn5WyzQXbXcRG77ETjb%7Eb2xbxE0GnMQvwBteQp0reYrQdiZCn1VArwyMkskhZsK-HxtQPwa1qutKUSC87tv%7EIjBjQUB36uvf5wWUY8Bcwe4VH98287qv1y4ZZ91vkTQDeWjmNWaJDQnGkSeL3CJpqUYY6ltAzV4vdgYO9h%7Ev43jcOwST%7EMEiQrsvvcSJs72hlZya7o1nrzLCEHFh%7EvzacurggwiWRTIykQEfUpA2Tq50Nkbi6mF4w58%7Ecf%7EX6tCbv-EpCtA__

I’ve also included a wonderful help article here to show a few other customization options in your event settings 

We hope this helps!

Thank you Willow! I have another question, I want to know which calendars are supposed to receive entries automatically and which ones do not?

Hi @Vina85488!

I’m assuming you’re talking about having multiple calendars connected to Calendly and which one actually ‘hosts’ the scheduled event, correct? If so, you can set which calendar(s) are checked for conflicts and which calendar is set to add new events to in your account configuration. You can learn more about that here: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/223145667-Working-with-multiple-email-accounts-and-calendars

If I totally misread your question, please let me know!