Skip to main content

Calendar Invites are coming from the wrong google account

• 17 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I have calendly checking two calendars for conflicts. I primarily need calendly to check my personal calendar for conflicts, but I do not want my personal email address or my personal user name to appear anywhere on the calendar invites that customers set up. I only want my business name to appear on the invitations to customers. 

Hey there, @Jon47620 -- this is a really great topic. Thanks for posting!

I understand what you are saying. We can fix this, easily!

The calendar invitations that are sent from event types set to “calendar invitations” will always be sent by your “add to” calendar. This can be changed by heading to your “calendar sync” page > clicking “edit” next to “add to calendar” > selecting the desired calendar > saving. 

As long as you have selected your desired calendar, all calendar invitations will be sent from that calendar moving forward. 

Keep in mind that when you select “email confirmations” for an event type (and this is the default for Group Event Types, for example, so sometimes it cannot be avoided), the “reply to” email address will be the email address you use to log in to Calendly. 

Let’s clarify! 

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you run into any more issues after setting it up the way you want/need to.

p.s. check out our New User Guide. It’s full of tips + tricks (and info about things like this!) to help as you learn the ropes, here!