Skip to main content
Solved

Calendly does not cover the holidays

• 3 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have clicked on the German public holidays in the settings so that they should actually be blocked. The customer can still book these days in the events. Is this a known problem or do I have to block the public holidays somewhere else?

Thank you and best regards

Marcel

Hey there @MGR - thanks for your post! This is a fairly new feature with a lot of great information I can provide to you so that you can ensure you are setting things up correctly! Please forgive me for posting such a long response, below - I think it’ll be worth it in the end! If this does not help you resolve the issue please come back and tell me more about what’s happening - are you editing holidays from the event type level or the account level, for example? Then we can dig deeper!

Here we go! 🤗💃💪🏼

Edit holidays within Calendly

There are two places where you can edit your holidays within Calendly: the account level and the event type level. When editing your holidays from the account level, any changes you make will be applied to all of your event types. Any changes you make at the event type level will only be applied to that individual event type.

Edit your holidays for all event types

1. Select Availability from your left-hand navigation panel.

Calendly Availability Tab.png

2. Navigate to your Holidays tab.
Navigate to Holidays Tab.png

3. Choose your country.
From here you can choose one of 10 default countries whose holidays you wanted recognized within your account. Our default countries include:

- Australia
- Brazil
- Canada
- France
- Germany
- Mexico
- Netherlands
- Spain
- United Kingdom
- United States

Choose country for holidays.gif

4. Use the On/Off toggle to dictate which holidays you would like to be unavailable/available for.
Choose country for holidays.gif

Toggle On ETR - Toggle on.png will mark you as unavailable for scheduling on this holiday.
Toggle Off ETR - Toggle Off.pngwill mark you as available for scheduling on this holiday. Edit your holidays for a specific event type 1. Select the event type where you are looking to edit your holidays.
Click into an evnt type.png

2. Open the Scheduling settings section of your event editor.
Select Scheduling Settings.png

3. Click into your Available hours that have been assigned.
ETR - Available Hours in scheduling settings.png

4. Scroll down until you see your observed holidays. Select Show.
ETR - observed holidays within event.png

5. Click on the Select Scheduling Settings.png icon to allow for scheduling on that holiday for your event.
ETR - Holidays w trash icon list.png

Note: If you are creating a Custom hours schedule within your event editor, you will also be able to to edit your holidays from within the Calendar view of your availability as shown below.
ETR - Available Hours in scheduling settings.png

What if a holiday is missing?

If there is a holiday you observe that is not within your holidays tab or you are looking to block off additional dates within Calendly, you can add add date-specific hours to your Calendly schedule or you can add an all-day busy event to your connected calendar . Within your connected calendar, you can create busy events to remove availability for vacations and time off.

GIF - Create Holiday.gif

​​​​​

I hope this helps! Let me know if you’re still stuck after all that - I’m here all day!

P.s. check out our New User Guide! It’s a great source of tips + tricks while you learn the ropes!

Unfortunately, this does not help. The holidays are generally set, see screenshot on the left. In the event, Calendly then refers me to the settings that I have already made. The 01.05. is still bookable

Hey @MGR - thanks so much for this update. I’m sorry it’s happening!

At this point I need to defer you to our support team so they can provide more personalized troubleshooting to see what is causing this and help you fix it!

You can reach out to them 24/7 via live chat by logging into your account and clicking “help.” Right this moment, however, our chat provider (Ada) is experiencing outages which is impacting our ability to provide live chat support intermittently. So, if you have issues getting through - we apologize! - please try again in a bit. You can track the Ada outage here: 

status.ada.support