Skip to main content
Question

Calendly Double Booking Issue

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

We are having an issue where a single event type booked only in calendly is allowing multiple people to sign up for the same time slot.  The emails we received notifying of someone booking were over 10 hours apart.  The bookings are both through calendly same event same time slot two different clients. This has happened multiple times this week and has never occurred before.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Morgan82151 -- thanks for your post!

What happened? 

Calendly will not allow double-bookings, but I do know what’s going on here -- you have accidentally set up a Group Event Type instead of a one-on-one event type. Easy mistake! 

I took a peek at your account, and two of the event types on your team page are Group Event Types. This means that on these ETs, more than one invitee can sign up for each time slot (with a limit per-time-slot that is determined when you set up the event type). 

How do you fix it? 

In order to “fix” this you will need to cancel the invitees that have already booked, recreate the type of event that you intended to make initially, then rebook them manually. You can do this by taking their details (name, email address etc.) from the “scheduled events” tab > “details” under the event they do currently have booked. 

You cannot create true one-on-one ETs on a team page. If you wanted these Group ETs to be one-on-one ETs, you can use Round Robin or Collective ETs to create one-on-ones on a team page. Read more about how to do that right here

In the screenshot below (taken from your team’s “scheduled events” tab):

• Number 1 indicates how many “spots remaining” for this time slot are on your Group Event Type. This means you had 25 total spots for each time slot. (Just information for you to learn from!).
  • Number 2 is where you can click to get the details of each invitee that booked so that you can rebook them on a new event type.
  • Number 3 indicates where to click to cancel this Group ET.

You will also want to either delete this Group ET or turn it “off” so that others do not continue to book it. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

P.s. check out our Company Admin Guide and our Getting Started Guide, as well as our New User Guide! They’re all full of tips + tricks to help you learn about these things and everything else Calendly!