Solved

Calendly for Booking Restaurant Tables

• 2 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a restaurant and want to let customers book one of my 4 tables and pay when they book. Can I use calendly to do this? Specifically, how do I enable the 4 different tables each with its own calendar? And then enable stripe to pay for the reservation.

The issue is that if I create 4 table events, any one blocks out the other’s as well. How can I make it so that booking one table only blocks that table’s time and not the others. Or is there a different way to implementing this?

And yes, I will use the embedding to put it on my website. :)

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 2 May 2024, 16:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @John22255 - great questions! I moved this over to our “How do I?” forum because it was not related to API/Webhooks. I can help you here, as well! =) 

You are correct - as a solo user, creating four event types will still mean that only one event type can be booked at a time. As soon as an event is booked, that time slot is blocked off on the other three events by design - Calendly considers each user to be one person that cannot be in two (or four!) places at once and intentionally prevents double-booking.

The way around this? Adding additional team members with alternate email addresses (in your use case, you’ll need three additional users in your organization + your current account, for a total of four). 

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events, which is what you’ll want! The first step is adding your desired team members (with alternate email addresses that you set up) to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective. I suggest using Round Robin event types as one-on-one event types, one for each table (true one-on-one event types cannot be created on team pages, but you can read more about using Round Robins for this here). Each user you set up will have their own “add to” and “check for conflicts” calendar syncs, availability etc. and you’ll set up an event type for each, assigning one host to each event. 

Once you’ve set this up, you can embed the team’s booking page on your website so that all four event types appear there - making all four tables possible to book simultaneously! 

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

Note - you’ll need to be on our Teams plan to make this happen. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

I hope this helps!