Skip to main content
Question

Calendly iframe Loading Issue

• 3 September 2024
  • 1 reply

We’re currently testing Calendly on a free account before deciding on a paid subscription. Since free accounts can't submit support tickets, I’m posting this publicly.

When I publish the widget as a popup or inline, it takes over 3 seconds to load. I’m concerned about the impact on our lead conversion and am looking for ways to speed it up.

To speed up the Calendly widget's load time, try the following:

1. Minimize Script Load: Place the Calendly script at the bottom of your page or defer its loading until after the main content loads. This can reduce the initial page load time.
  2. Asynchronous Loading: Make sure the Calendly script is set to load asynchronously, allowing the rest of your site to load without waiting for Calendly.
  3. Optimize Site Performance: Ensure your site is optimized overall by minimizing image sizes, reducing server response times, and leveraging browser caching.
  4. Custom Embed Solutions: Consider creating a custom button or link that opens the Calendly popup when clicked, instead of embedding it directly on the page, to improve the initial load speed.

These steps may help improve load times without upgrading your subscription.