Skip to main content

Calendly incompatible to Outlook 2021 and Windows 11?

• 8 August 2024
  • 1 reply

I am wondering if anyone else is having difficulty syncing Outlook 2021 and Calendly in a Windows 11 environment using the Outlook plug-in. This started recently (w/in the past two days), and tech support has no answer as to how to fix it.

Up to this point (for 2 years), I never had an issue. Four months ago Calendly posted a response to a query stating that if you downloaded your version of Outlook from the MS/Windows store, it wouldn’t work. (not true, mine did for 2 years). Also that the plug-in wasn’t compatible with Outlook 2021 (again not true - mine worked until two days ago). . 

What I’m seeing is that Calendly no longer syncs in either direction with Outlook. 

• When I put an appt on my calendar, Calendly goes through the sync process but the appt doesn’t show up there and there is no error message.
  • Conversely, if someone uses one my my invitations to book an appt, they can make the appt and I can view it online … BUT 
    • (1) it doesn’t get to my desktop calendar as it used to. The only way I know about it is that I get an email about it and a notification comes on my android phone; and
    • (2) it may have allowed a double-booking / conflict because my calendar hasn’t synced properly with Calendly online.

This is incredibly frustrating,

I wonder if it is something as simple as Calendly making their product work with Windows 11… (v174 says Windows 10, not 11, although Calendly’s website says it works with Windows XP and later and Outlook 2007 and later (but says nothing about Outlook 2021). 

I’m not a techie (well, maybe a moderate one...), but I am guessing that Calendly is behind the power curve in adapting to the most recent security measures put in place by MS b/c of hacking and Windows is blocking Calendly from talking to it.  

Is anyone else having the same issue, and if so, what are they doing about it. The only suggest Calendly tech support gives me is “use the Outlook cloud calendar,” but doesn’t work for my business / me due to security reasons... 

Hi @Drumm1,

Sorry you are experiencing issues with the Outlook plug-in.

I was just checking your account as you had mentioned chatting with Support and it looks like one of my peers just got out the information I was going to share with you about an hour ago. The short version is that we were experiencing a brief issue with our Outlook integration, but it’s solved now!

Let her or I know if you’re still having issues. We’re here to help!