Solved

Calendly is discarding previously established date overrides

• 28 February 2024
  • 20 replies

Date overrides that I set for February, March, April, and May all just disappeared resulting in people scheduling events at times that I had previously blocked off.  I have no idea how this happens, but it has broken my trust in the application.  I shouldn’t have to check once a week to make sure my unavailable dates are still unavailable. Coming back from a trip this week and wanting to set my appointments later in the morning to readjust to the time-zone, Calendly opened up an early appointment for tomorrow that was clearly blocked off before this week. The appointment was just scheduled earlier this week making it obvious that it wasn’t open before (it would have been booked already). I don’t know what to do about this.

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 22 May 2024, 02:06

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Chad84182,

That is definitely not ideal nor the intended behavior. Let’s see if we can figure out what happened and make sure you’re all set moving forward.

Did you set date overrides through the Availability page or directly through the event under Scheduling Settings? Either location should have taken and remained, but knowing this might help me figure out what happened.

Thank you!

I set the overrides through availability > working hours > date overrides. The only thing I can think of that may have effected anything is that I added a couple of hours on Saturdays to my available hours. Other than that, I wasn't touching the app at all. Just opened it on my flight home and saw that all overrides were gone.

Userlevel 6

Thanks for the additional info. I’m working with some peers here to see if we can figure out what happened and/or reproduce. I’ll be in touch as soon as I have more information!

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Chad84182  - so sorry for the delay in response while we investigated this for you!

Thank you for all the details you have provided so far. Our developer support team has investigated this using the internal tools available, and still can’t account for what you experienced.We have open an internal investigation in case our engineering team are able to uncover more.

If they are able to uncover an explanation, I can update you here. Sorry that I can’t offer an explanation right now, but thank you for reporting this to us!

I am currently having the same issues as listed above. I too set my date overrides through availability > working hours > date overrides. 

Userlevel 7

I am currently having the same issues as listed above. I too set my date overrides through availability > working hours > date overrides. 

Hey there! Did you make sure that after setting up your availability schedule > date specific hours you also used the “active on” dropdown to apply those settings to your event types? 

Select “active on” > check the event types you wish to apply the schedule to
After selecting event types > click “Save”

I hope this helps! If this does not resolve your issue then please accept my apologies as I ask for patience and look into updates regarding what was posted above. Thanks! 

Hey! I just wanted to add that I, too, am experiencing this issue. I have April 4-7 set up as unavailable, but when I view my live booking page it is still showing open slots on the 4th and 5th! I copied my calendar URL and opened in a private window to make sure that it wasn’t showing a previously cached page.

Looks like this is a more widespread issue than just the above users.

Userlevel 7

@Zac11507 thank you so much for bringing this here. I am going to loop this back around to the team I had mentioned it to before to see if we can get any updates. I am so sorry this is happening! 

It happened again, right before a 2 week trip. I know what precipitated it this time. I changed my weekly availability to add a few more hours to the week and it just immediately dropped all of my overrides.  My overrides were set to make the full days unavailable, and all of them were deleted when I changed my hours.  I used the app on my phone (android) to do this.  This is how it happened last time as well.

This is a serious problem now. I can’t change my hours without deleting all of my overrides, and there are many.

Edit: I am able to adjust my hours through the website without issue. 

Userlevel 7

Hey! I just wanted to add that I, too, am experiencing this issue. I have April 4-7 set up as unavailable, but when I view my live booking page it is still showing open slots on the 4th and 5th! I copied my calendar URL and opened in a private window to make sure that it wasn’t showing a previously cached page.

Looks like this is a more widespread issue than just the above users.

Zac - can you do me a favor and check out the response above (from me) where I go over the “active on” dropdown, ensuring that your Availability Schedule with the date specific hours in place is actively applied to the desired event type? If it is, and those date specific hours are still not showing - use the Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing the conflict. If this does not result in a solution please come back and let me know so I can add you to the potential issue we are researching. Thank you! 

Edit: it would also be extremely helpful to know if you made any of these changes via the mobile app, and if so, was it iOS or Android? Thanks! 

Userlevel 7

It happened again, right before a 2 week trip. I know what precipitated it this time. I changed my weekly availability to add a few more hours to the week and it just immediately dropped all of my overrides.  My overrides were set to make the full days unavailable, and all of them were deleted when I changed my hours.  I used the app on my phone (android) to do this.  This is how it happened last time as well.

This is a serious problem now. I can’t change my hours without deleting all of my overrides, and there are many.

Edit: I am able to adjust my hours through the website without issue. 

I am truly sorry to hear this is happening. Can you please confirm for me whether you are making these changes via the mobile app, and if so, whether you are using iOS or Android? That will be very helpful as I push to have this researched as an actual bug. I am working behind the scenes with developer support colleagues to get this issue looked into further - the more information we can gather, the better and more quickly I will be able to help you! 

That goes for everyone reading here and chiming in - the more details, the better! Especially if you are using our mobile app (iOS, Android?). Thank you so much - and I promise I am diligently looking into this for you all! 

I am using the mobile app on Android. As I mentioned, when I try to change weekly availability through the app, all of my overrides disappear.

Userlevel 7

I am using the mobile app on Android. As I mentioned, when I try to change weekly availability through the app, all of my overrides disappear.

Thank you so much for this info. I will relay this to my colleague and come back with any updates I get ASAP! =) 

Userlevel 7

Hey there Chad - another question that will help as we investigate this! Anyone else on this thread chiming in would also be very helpful! @Zac11507 @Christina25788 

When you edited your date specific hours, is it possible (or do you know) if your mobile device was set to a different time zone than your Calendly schedule that the date specific hours were being applied to? Thank you so much for your response, in advance! =) 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chad84182! I finally got some official information about what is going on, here.

Our Product team has confirmed this unexpected behavior related to date overrides in the Android app and is currently looking into the issue. We will update you as soon as we have resolved this. My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while our team works to investigate further!

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chad84182 and others! Great news!

I'm happy to report that we have released a fix for date overrides being removed without user input when using the mobile app. Yay! 🎉

You should no longer see this occur once your app is up to date! Thank you again for your patience while our dev team worked to resolve this.

Please let me know if you are still seeing this occur on your end, or if I can help with anything else.

Have a great day. 

Thanks. What is the current version so I can be sure the app is up to date? Mine is 2.20.1

Hey there Chad - another question that will help as we investigate this! Anyone else on this thread chiming in would also be very helpful! @Zac11507 @Christina25788 

When you edited your date specific hours, is it possible (or do you know) if your mobile device was set to a different time zone than your Calendly schedule that the date specific hours were being applied to? Thank you so much for your response, in advance! =) 

I didn't see this before. Yes, I believe I was in a different time zone when I was making the changes. 

Userlevel 7

@Chad84182 I hope you saw my latest comment, after the one you quoted/replied to above? This was a bug and has been resolved. You should be able to add date specific hours and should not see them vanishing into thin air, anymore. Please let me know if there are still issues. =) 

@Chad84182 I hope you saw my latest comment, after the one you quoted/replied to above? This was a bug and has been resolved. You should be able to add date specific hours and should not see them vanishing into thin air, anymore. Please let me know if there are still issues. =) 

I see. Thank you