Skip to main content
Question

Calendly NOT sending appointment reminder

• 6 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve been using Calendly for a few years, it always worked find, however the last few months the app does NOT send push notifications to remind me of an appointment 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment. I have my push notifications enabled/on. I toggled it on and off. I even deleted the Calendly App and reinstalled it but I am still have the same issue. It is frustrating because I rely on the push notification from the app and I’ve missed appointments because of it. How can this be fixed? 

If you're experiencing issues with Calendly not sending push notifications for your appointments, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Check App Settings: Make sure that push notifications are enabled within the Calendly app settings. Open the Calendly app, go to Settings, and verify that push notifications are turned on.

2. Device Settings: Ensure that push notifications are enabled for the Calendly app at the device level. Go to your device's settings, find the Notifications or Apps section, and make sure Calendly has permission to send notifications.

3. Update App: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Calendly app installed on your device. Updates may include bug fixes and improvements that could resolve notification issues.

4. Restart Device: Sometimes, simply restarting your device can help resolve notification issues. Try restarting your device and see if that makes a difference.

5. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection. Push notifications may not be delivered if there are network issues.

6. Battery Optimization: Check if your device has any battery optimization settings that may be affecting background processes, including push notifications. Adjust these settings if necessary to allow Calendly to run in the background.

7. Contact Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, reach out to Calendly's support team for assistance. They may be able to provide further guidance or investigate if there are any known issues with push notifications.

8. Alternative Solutions: In the meantime, consider setting up email reminders for your appointments as a backup solution until the push notification issue is resolved.

By following these steps and potentially reaching out to Calendly's support team, you can hopefully resolve the issue with push notifications and continue relying on the app for appointment reminders.