Skip to main content

I have a recurring event that I would like to advertise on various platforms. Is it possible for me to create the Zoom event and pre-set the link in the Calandly event? 

Hello @LetHealingBegin,

It is! The best way to do this is using a personal meeting ID and you can learn more about that here: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409196744343-Use-your-Zoom-Personal-Meeting-ID-for-meetings

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Jillian. Just to clarify, I can do this with a single Calendly event that’s recurring? I won’t have to change all of my events to the meeting ID type, will I? 

Hey there @LetHealingBegin - great question!

Firstly - while Calendly does not have a recurring event feature at this time, many users encourage invitees to book their next meeting after confirming an event. I apologize for the inconvenience with this.
Standard, Teams, and Enterprise users can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. Check out this help center article to get you started. The other workaround I have would be for once the invitee books the event within Calendly, either you or the invitee can edit the event on your calendar and set it up to repeat as needed. While this won't create an event within Calendly, Calendly will be able to check it for conflicts, so you will not be booked at that time.

However, as it pertains to your specific question - if you change your Zoom settings to use your Personal Meeting ID  (click to learn more in our Help Center!) it will apply to all of your Calendly meetings. All this means is that when any invitee books any of your event types, the Zoom link that is auto-generated for that individual booking will be your PMI and not a new, individual Zoom meeting link. You will not have to go in and change any settings within Calendly or your event types. At this time there is no way to individualize the PMI to a specific event type as that is a setting within Zoom and not Calendly. I hope this makes sense and is helpful!