Skip to main content
Question

Can I create a group meeting for external participants who are not in my Calendly Team/Group

• 1 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I would like to create a group meeting for my customers. I don’t want to use Zoom for the Invite, as I don’t want to share the attendees emails with everybody. My Idea is to create a group meeting my customers can book and attend through calendly.

Is this possible?

If you need more details, let me know.

Best regards

Michael

Hi @MichaelAndresen!

I think there’s a few different solutions for you through Calendly, but the one that jumps out to me the most is a Group Event. This type of event lets you host for multiple attendees at once but sort of treats each attendee as their own meeting entity (so no mass invite with all of the email addresses shared). You are able to also set the location as a set Zoom link (likely your personal room) which also ensures no ones information is being shared through that either.

Check it out and let me know if this does the trick!

Hi @jillian ,

thank you. This solution is soving 90% of the issues.

Is it possible to create a recurring meeting for which you only register once and participate each time until you cancel your participation.

e.g. a recurring group meeting every friday 4pm for the next 10 weeks

Thank you for your help

Michael

Hey again @MichaelAndresen - great followup question! 

While Calendly does not have a recurring event feature at this time, many users encourage invitees to book their next meeting after confirming an event. I apologize for the inconvenience with this.

Standard, Teams, and Enterprise users can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. Check out this help center article to get you started!

The other workaround I have would be for once the invitee books the event within Calendly, either you or the invitee can edit the event on your calendar and set it up to repeat as needed. While this won't create an event within Calendly, Calendly will be able to check it for conflicts, so you will not be booked at that time.

Lastly - you can pair our redirect feature mentioned above with routing. Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any additional questions about this!