Skip to main content

I need to have my staff sign up for a 3 hour shift each day (M-F) that doesn’t affect me or my personal schedule.  Can I set up an event that doesn’t sync with my schedule but still allows me to see the calendar and shifts for that event? Do I need a blank calendar to use? How do I switch to that one for JUST THAT EVENT?

Hey there @CrystalARealtor - great questions! 

Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

At this time there is no way to set up a single event type that does not get checked against your “check for conflicts” calendar(s). You will have to either have calendars checked for conflicts for all event types, or none. However, there is a work around, here! 

You will first want to add an additional user to your Calendly organization. This user will be you with a separate Calendly account/login (email address). 

Then, you’ll want to skip the “check for conflicts” setup for that secondary account, create the event type you need in order to allow staff to sign up for shifts, and share the link for that single event type! This way, you can allow a secondary account to operate within your organization without it conflicting with your other event types, calendar and so on. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you! I will try that!