Skip to main content
Question

Can I create the scheduling event in 2 different languages to match my multilingual website?

• 20 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the scheduling event in two different languages?

Example:

1. I have one in EN that is linked to EN version of my business website
  2. I need on in CZ to suit Czech speaking customers linked to CZ version of my business website

The point is that it would be pointless to link EN form to Czech website that would mean a bounce rate for those who do not speak english. 

You’d think in 2024 this would be more straightforward but it is not. I dont see this feature anywhere.

Anyone can help?
Thanks

M.

Hey there @misch_MISCH72765 - yes! You can do this! However, Czech is not currently a supported language within Calendly. I am so sorry to say! I will make sure to provide this feedback to our product team. I will still show you how to accomplish this, however - in case another language is needed as well. 

You’ll want to first “clone” your event type to make it simple to have two (nearly) identical events. Do this by clicking the “gear” icon on the event type and clicking “clone.” 

Click “gear” icon > click “Clone” to clone ET

Once you’ve cloned your event type, the new “clone” will pop up and allow you to adjust it as needed. Within the cloned event’s settings, you can select the desired language. Do this by clicking the gear icon in the top of the event editor > clicking “change language” > selecting your desired language. 

Click “gear” icon in event type editor > click “change language”

Select desired language from options here > click “Yes”

Once you have both events set up in their desired languages, you can directly embed each event on the appropriate website by clicking “share” on the event type > clicking “add to website” > selecting the type of embed you prefer > following the prompts from there. 

Click “share” on any event type > click “add times to website” > select your embed style

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

Hi Kelsi,

thanks for your response. The cloning/ translating manually is the easy part. But counterproductive if the navigation remains in English that the Czech speaking person will not understand. 

How can I test this in practice? I work on EN speaking computer as a default. 

Thanks

M.

Hi Kelsi,

thanks for your response. The cloning/ translating manually is the easy part. But counterproductive if the navigation remains in English that the Czech speaking person will not understand. 

How can I test this in practice? I work on EN speaking computer as a default. 

Thanks

M.

Hello again, M! I apologize for potentially lacking clarity in my first response - Czech is not a language supported by Calendly at this time, so it will not be an option for you to select when following the steps above.

In my first response I wanted to:

• inform you that Czech is not currently a supported language 
  • inform you that I will provide feedback to our product team that Czech has been requested as a support language (though I cannot promise if or when this might be updated - I wish I could!)
  • show you how to set up an event type in another language, in case one of our other supported languages is something you might need/utilize in the future

💡If you were to follow the steps above, you could still make quite a bit of your event type (cloned) appear in Czech manually.

This would mean filling out the following in Czech, yourself: 

• the event type description 
  • the event type name
  • any Invitee Questions you set up etc.

If you do this, that will all be in Czech because you wrote it that way. 

Then, you can likely rely on Czech speaking invitees visiting your Czech website having their own browsers set to translate anything in English to Czech. This means that, as long as they are using a translator on their browser (most are automatic these days), the buttons that say things like “book now” and “select date” and other areas of your booking page that default to English (or another selected language) will be translated for them automatically, just not by Calendly.

For example: if I were to visit your Czech website to book with you right now, my Google Chrome browser would translate it all to English for me automatically via Google Translate.

Does that make sense? 

With the combination of setting up your event in Czech manually in the fields you are able to write in and automatic browser translators, I am hopeful that your Czech speaking invitees will still be able to read your booking page on your Czech website, figure things out and book with you!

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the fact that this language is not currently a supported option in Calendly. 

I hope this helps, and that you have a good day! =)