Skip to main content
Solved

Can I poll availability for a single specific date and time?

• 3 September 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Community,

I’m running a focus group on a specific (already confirmed) date and time. I would like to send invites to multiple e-mails (let’s say: 20) with the expectation that only some of the invitees can attend. I want to get a report of RSVPs with the associated names.

It’s no different than sending an Outlook or Google Calendar invite, really. So why do I want to use Calendly? The focus group invites will be sent by multiple folks (each of us personally knows a different portion of the invitees) but we need centralized RSVP collection.

Is this something Calendly can do? I’ve been reading and experimenting with Group invites with no success.

Thanks!

Hi @John41708!

It definitely sounds like a Group event type would be the ideal setup, but it’s only going to show you the invitees who will attend - not the entire list of who has been invited regardless of acceptance status. I unfortunately can’t think of any workaround for that, but will certainly share the feedback with our Product team.

Showing only those who can attend is completely fine. Where I got stuck trying to use the group invite feature as I didn't see any way to constrain the invite to a single date and time. It wanted me to offer options to the invitees, but there is only one date and time that they can attend. How can I create the invite with that restriction?

Hi @John41708,

Oh good. Glad to hear the attendee element isn’t an issue!

So for this situation, you’ll want to modify the Scheduling settings to be a specific date range (ie, September 20) and the schedule to custom with just the specific time you want available (ie, 10-11am; calendar view tends to be more helpful here). This will block it out and make it impossible for anyone to pick anything else!

That worked! Thank you very much for your help, Jillian.