Skip to main content
Solved

Can I see which user scheduled an event on behalf of another user in Salesforce?

• 13 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! We use the Salesforce integration, and our team wants to track how many events are scheduled by our sales assistants on behalf of other sales reps. Is it possible for me to access that information through the integration?

Ideally, I’d like for the Event record in SF to show the sales rep who hosted the event as the “Assigned To”/owner (which seems to be the default in the flow template), while being able to map the name of the assistant who actually scheduled the event to a custom field on the record.

I see the “Event Primary Publisher” name and email fields on the CalendlyAction object, but it seems like that will always represent the host, whose calendar the assistant scheduled the event on, rather than the assistant’s information. Is there a field I’m overlooking on the CalendlyAction object? I’m open to creative workarounds too! 

Hi @Savannah06740,

You can use the utm_source field to store the id of the Salesforce user who scheduled the event on behalf of another user. You can then update the “CreateEvent” flow installed in the Calendly package to create an event with a “Scheduled_By__c” field set to the user id stored in the $Record.UTMSource.

A video example of how to set this up can be found here:

Thank you, this is really helpful! Is it possible to pass a UTM source value (perhaps the Calendly user’s name or ID) through the Chrome extension if our assistants want to book the events that way? 

Yes, our api includes a field called “invitee_scheduled_by” which references the user who scheduled the event (https://developer.calendly.com/api-docs/8305c0ccfac70-get-event-invitee). 

Unfortunately, this information is not sent to the Calendly Salesforce package at this time. To retrieve this information in Salesforce, you would need to call the api endpoint listed above to sync the data.