Skip to main content
Solved

Can one customer book a guided tour for several people?

• 9 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,
I want to use Calendly to offer guided city tours. My goal is to enable a customer to purchase a tour not only for themselves, but also for people traveling with them. This needs to be reflected in the final price.

For example: the tour is 40 EUR per adult person. Children are free.

During the reservation, I select 2 adults and 1 child. The final price will be 80 EUR.

Is this possible? I want to avoid groups of people having to place multiple orders.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Florian

Hey @Florian13832 - great question!

With Calendly’s current payment integration capabilities, this is not directly possible. This is because whether you integrate with Paypal or Stripe, you have to set a price on the payment collection portion of the event type and that price will apply for all bookings. It cannot go up or down automatically based on different settings, right now. I’m sorry!

What you could do as a potential workaround: 

• collect a deposit on the event type upon booking (this would be a set price) 
  • use Invitee Questions On Your Booking Page to find out how many people are attending, how many are minors, how many are adults etc. with each group
  • include verbiage in the event type description that tells invitees the cost per person and that the payment collected on booking is a deposit
  • use Workflows to send additional info out to the invitees after booking, to include pricing info etc. and how they can pay you the remaining balance virtually or at time of service
  • include a payment link in the email you send out via workflows

I hope this helps! I know it’s not perfect, but it’s one way to meet your goal. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Bonjour,

J’ai aussi besoin de cette fonctionnalité pour organiser ce genre de visite à la ferme. J’espère que cette fonction sera créée prochainement.

Merci !