Skip to main content
Question

Can you change a live event from one to one to group?

• 10 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I have an event  set up for one on one  bookings at 30 mins intervals. i did this because at the time of setting up I had one person to complete the booking however now I have 2 so I would like to open the calendar so I have availability however because its a live event I want it to sync with the bookings already received. How would I got about this?

Hey there @Gavin - great question!

Once an event type has been created, it will “live” where it was created and exist as the type of even it originated as. This means that, unfortunately, you cannot change an existing one-on-one event type to a Group Event Type. I’m sorry!

You’ll need to create the Group ET from scratch. Then, if needed, you can cancel the booking/s already made for the one-on-one ET and go ahead and rebook those invitees into the Group ET. All you need to do is:

head to your “scheduled events” tab > click “details” next to any bookings the one-on-one ET has > take the invitee information (name, email address, etc.) from those details > head to the booking page for your new Group ET > input that info for the invitees > book

This way, the invitees are now booked for the Group ET! 

I do suggest sending an email (manually - this cannot be done via Calendly) to the invitees that you plan to cancel + rebook, this way they aren’t caught off guard when they get notifications for each purpose.

I hope this helps! Also - check out our New User Guide. It’s super helpful as you learn the ropes!