Skip to main content
Solved

Can you create a Group Event Type with two location options?

• 20 May 2024
  • 1 reply

My team (2 people) need an agenda that allows the client to choose whether they want to meet via google meet or in person but calendly doesn't allow me to create a group event with more than one location. Can you help me? 

Hey there @HiBonjour - thanks for your post, and great question!

At this time it is not possible to create a Group Event Type with two location options. This is because it would cause confusion and lead to issues with the booking. In order for a group to meet, that group has to know the singular place they are meeting. I hope this makes sense!

The workaround: 

• create your first Group ET 
  • clone that Group ET so that a second, identical Group ET is created 
  • change the location of the cloned Group ET (so if the original is Google Meet, make the clone in person)
  • create a routing form
  • ask a question like, “will you be booking our virtual or in person group event?” 
  • use routing logic to send invitees to the appropriate event for booking - virtual or in person
  • you’re all set!

You could also: 

• create a team page
  • create your first Group ET on that team page
  • clone the Group ET so both live on the team page (and no other event types do)
  • Share Your Calendly Link for the team page so that invitees are able to choose the in person or virtual event (this is an alternative to the routing forms option)
  • you’re all set!

Here’s some more information to help:

Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

You can also read more about routing, below: 

When it comes to cloning an event type: 

Click the “gear” icon on your event type (from your landing page) > click “clone” > a clone of the original ET will auto-populate > make any edits/changes desired > save and close. 

More of a visual learner? Me too! Check out this short video to see how cloning an ET works: 

About that “Team Page” Option:

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. You can also take advantage of Admin Managed Events and Shared Event Types! Click all of the hyperlinks to learn ore about each of these features. Keep in mind: you cannot create a true one-on-one ET on a team page, but you can use a Round Robin or Collective event as a one-on-one. Read more here

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

I hope this helps!