Skip to main content
Question

change host for meeting already scheduled

• 20 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, we have a webinar “group” event with one host selected. He is unable to cover a timeslot. We are using a shared zoom account. If he forwards the meeting to me in Outlook, will this be sufficient? I’m just worried about being able to log in when I’m not the original host. In calendly, I don’t see a feature to update the host for a meeting already scheduled. Thanks for your help!

Hey there @Ginger08225 - thanks for your post! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

When it comes to rescheduling a booking with a new host, there is no way to simply assign a host to an existing booking. You would need to cancel that booking from the current host’s “scheduled events” tab > “upcoming” > “details” > “cancel” and then rebook the invitee with yourself by heading to your own booking page and selecting the date/time and then inputting the invitee’s info (which you can copy/paste from the scheduled booking before or after cancelling it). 

As far as forwarding the event to your calendar, this might work - it depends on your settings. If your Zoom account allows for someone other than the original host to open and take over the meeting, it will work. However, the invitee will be expecting the original host which might cause some issues. Additionally, you’ll want to make sure that you add your own “busy” time block on your “check for conflicts” calendar so Calendly knows not to allow anyone else to book into that date/time with you, since a forwarded calendar event will not be picked up as your own “busy” event. 

I hope this helps!