Skip to main content
Solved

Change the outgoing address for emails from Google Calendar

• 5 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I have linked my Google Calendar to Calendly so that my customers can book appointments with me. I have now noticed that appointment confirmations that are automatically sent to my customers do not have my address as the sender, which I specified on Calendly, but the Googlemail address of my personal account, which unfortunately sounds anything but "business".
Is there any way I can change the sender email address of the Google Calendar? Or can I transfer my current calendar to a new Google account and delete the old one?
I am grateful for any tips!

Hi @Claudia02457!

It sounds like while you may have all the right calendars synced, the one that it’s adding events on is your personal account. Mind giving this a check over in your Calendar Sync page? More on that here.

Let us know what you find out!

Hey there @Claudia02457 -- did you get this resolved? In case you didn’t, I just wanted to follow up and offer some more context to what @jillian already asked/went over!

I saw that you mentioned you’d “specified your email address” in Calendly, yet it’s not the sender of your invitee booking confirmations. Are you referring to the email address you use to log into Calendly? If so, keep reading! 

With Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

With that knowledge and to elaborate on what Jillian said, it sounds like you connected your personal Google account as your “add to” calendar, which is why your calendar invites are being sent from that address. 

All you need to do is connect your professional Google account to Calendly, change that “add to” calendar (subbing in your professional account), and then those calendar invites will be sent from that address! You can still keep your personal calendar connected to Calendly if it needs to be checked for conflicts, as well.